Quarter Staff and Bo Staff Workshop at the Moot

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I have been asked I would be interested in running a half day Stick weapons workshop at the Bushmoot.

I am trying to get an idea if there would be an interest.

Topics covered:

Basic Movement with staff and half staff.

Stances striking and blocking skills.

movement drills.

Anti knife skills.

Depending on the the skills of the group and their interests a question and answer session.

Cost would be £5 for the 3 hours.

You would need a 2m stick and a 1m stick. Nothing special can be carved on site.

Most of you will know that I have a little experience teaching combat with edged and stick weapons.

No experience necessary to attend but you must be a minimum of 14 years old and a parent or supervising adult must also attend.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
This would be of great interest to me!
However my shoulder and knees are restricting my movement (I cannot get booster steroid injections until after the Moot) - would this be a big problem or could it be worked around?
Example - I nearly puked and could not see straight for several minutes after doing a vigorous back hand badminton shot the other day, I cannot draw a 30lb bow.....

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
John bring a stick with you that you a comfortable using and we can adapt and over come. No point being a super hero only when youre a 19 year old athlete. Skills have to be useful all our lives.

Im no spring chicken.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I'm going to be around for the whole 2 weeks so if the majority want it on Sunday morning then it's Sunday morning. I'm happy to fit around the needs of the group. Bear in mind I may well be running a couple of other workshops for Tony as well so we time workshops so everyone can attend as many as possible.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have been asked I would be interested in running a half day Stick weapons workshop at the Bushmoot.

Another reason I wish I could be at the Moot. I hope this is a success this year, and you run it again at future moots.

Nothing special can be carved on site.

No experience necessary to attend but you must be a minimum of 14 years old and a parent or supervising adult must also attend.

So we can carve non special staves on site, but we can't carve special ones?

Hmm, finding a responsible adult within a group of bushcrafters... that's gonna be a challenge... :p

J

Last edited:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
You could carve a special one onsite but I might spank you with it and keep it.

I want it to be inclusive and open to all showing that stick weapons are much more that just a blunt instrument. It's a tool of finesse for the discerning gentleman and of course the perfect choice for a sophisticated lady to uphold her virtue.

No doubt if there is demand I will run it again next year. Depends how many people I break this year.

Sargey almost fainted last time we played with sticks.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
You could carve a special one onsite but I might spank you with it and keep it.

I want it to be inclusive and open to all showing that stick weapons are much more that just a blunt instrument. It's a tool of finesse for the discerning gentleman and of course the perfect choice for a sophisticated lady to uphold her virtue.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've wanted to learn the quarter staff for years. One day... One day...

No doubt if there is demand I will run it again next year. Depends how many people I break this year.

Sargey almost fainted last time we played with sticks.

Closest I've got is a selection of spears, an axe, and my beloved knife. Wonderful set of skills to have.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE