Pvc bow

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Hi fellas I had a bash at a pvc bow I have seen lots of vids on YouTube and thought I would try making one I have made this from 3/4 class E/ PVC black pipe works great hoping to make a take down one at some point ;)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
nice work definitely on my to do list

any info on where you got the black pvc and what the draw strength is like?

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Is that pvc pipe compressed mate?
Looks great.
Hi buddy yes it tapers from the centre to the end it works fantastic just need a few arrows been using a tree branch but very pleased it only cost £7.58 for a 3m length of 3/4 but they do other sizes to ;)

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
great stuff thanks for the info

looks a little thinner than the stuff the guy on Youtube
yer I think it is a tad thinner but works just the same I need to test the power I have some fishing scales some were see if I can find them out ;)

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That looks great, as above I would've also loved to have seen a WIP! I've never heard of a bow being made of PVC before but that sounds great :)

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
That looks great buddy i tried it and failed not as easy as it looks.
Hi Gill did you use the same pipe it needs to be E/class PVC pipe I used an old electric heat gun for stripping paint and it worked fine just don't keep it in one spot for to long so it burns this one was sort of a test to see if I could do it and that the pipe was up to the job I guess for even more power I could maybe fit a 3/4 pipe inside a 1" pipe or just step up to 1" and see what the power is like;)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi Gill did you use the same pipe it needs to be E/class PVC pipe I used an old electric heat gun for stripping paint and it worked fine just don't keep it in one spot for to long so it burns this one was sort of a test to see if I could do it and that the pipe was up to the job I guess for even more power I could maybe fit a 3/4 pipe inside a 1" pipe or just step up to 1" and see what the power is like;)

If you fit 3/4 inside 1" its unlikely to heat the inner one properly to bend it. Also not sure you would get much more out of the bigger bore I think the wall thickness is more important.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE