Pruning saws

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Can you still use the super stroke in the older tools or is it better to stick with the red stuff?

The super 2-stroke oil will work in all machines. its basically a better oil than the standard HP oil. So if you have any 4-mix engines switch over to the green super and use it in everything and don't bother with the red oil any more.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I have a laplander and a wolf.

I much prefer the wolf and wish I'd not bothered with the laplander. After several years of use the wolf is still viciously sharp and goes through things like butter. Or it would do had I not lost it before the moot.

The laplander looks nicer, but I've found the blade far less forgiving. Yes, that's because I'm rubbish with them probably but the wolf is several times thicker and cuts on both pull and push.

Each to their own. I think it cost me £9 off the market, laplander was £11 I think.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I second the vote for the opinel saws - wickedly sharp, nice aesthetic with the wooden handle, and just a bit different. Brittle blade though (they only cut on the pull too) - I've had the tip snap off mine. rest of it still going strong though.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've been using Wolf garten stuff for a good few years. The folding saw has proven a useful tool. Much prefer it to my Laplanders, FRS and various others I've tried. I do believe Silky saws are better, they cut quicker but the Wolf is no slouch-easily as fast as the Laplander benchmark.

I like it that they are brightly coloured, very easy to see in the undergrowth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE