Prototype Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I got bored the other day and came up with this idea. I like this design so I'm going to use it, but I also wanted some opinions on the practicality of it.

I wanted to keep my chopper and general purpose knife in one place while out and about. I got tired of having two sheaths on my belt.
SheathIdeas005.jpg

SheathIdeas006.jpg

SheathIdeas007.jpg

SheathIdeas008.jpg

This is the rough draft of what I wanted to do. So far it's working, but all I've done is wear it around the house. I'm probably going to add in a loop for a leg lanyard also.

Comments and/or criticism welcome.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Have you thought of staggering the knife handles so that it presents a slimmer profile to the side. I would be slightly nervous of catching the handle of the Mora on some undergrowth and it being hooked out of the sheath and lost.
Also not entirely sure of having a short fire-steel loop, I've personally drifted away from keeping a fire-steel exposed to the elments where it can corrode - or even in a leather sheath which can draw moisture from a very damp environment and do the same.

The basic idea is a good one, and I look forward to seeing the finished article.

ATB

Ogri the trog

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
nice idea, i've been thinking along the same lines, but i think i'd like the fire seel on the front, kind of a three tear design?:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE