Projects or goals for 2022

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Too many to list TBH :) - I'm putting together my year plan at the moment and I have a loose weekly timetable to try and make sure I get my studies and activities done.

- Definitely a couple of canoe treks - almost certainly limited to UK this year though
- I have a number of staves of various woods seasoning to make Meso/Neolithic style bows that I intend to compare
- I'll continue with my life-long study of native plants and uses and the database I'm building
- not so much 'bushcraft' but I've got a lot of work to do in the wood
- a more determined effort to get on top of Fungi - I've done some courses but really need to get the dirt-time in
- I've got two weeks up in a bothy on the west coast of Scotland so I'll definitely be getting some fishing and coastal foraging done

Annoyingly, other people's activities (like 3 postponed weddings) and household projects are crowding my calendar! - only joking, but it's surprising how quickly the months are filling in already.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Yes! Quite a few.. I need to complete an assessment I’ve been wanting to do since 2019. Some trips away would be nice too, as I’d like to get out to the hardanger plateau finally as well as some canoeing in Scotland (hint hint @Broch ) I’m going to try to learn how to ski this winter, if we get enough snow. And finally, (not exactly bushcraft) this summer I’ll be replacing our leaky conservatory with a hand build timber frame one with any luck.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
A good question.

Now let's see in no particular order:
- a long walk (~100km)
- make a few self wood bows from bird cherry
- a tankard from black alder
- continue trying to identify various conifers
- finish a kayak I have had in two parts for some years
- try some fly fishing for a change

Danqrl

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2021
Derbyshire
I will be completing my first year of a 2 year course with Woodland Ways covering all aspects of Bushcraft and also a 10 day canoe expedition in Sweden.

Outside of strict bushcraft I plan to use the campervan as much as possible this year seeing the sites of England, Wales and Scotland while getting in some good walks at the same time. Im looking forward to the journey (physical/educational/emotional) that 2022 is shaping up to be for me

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
- weave a willow basket
- make something out of birch bark, I.e. a sheath or a pot
- make some decent natural cordage, and a decent length of it
- get on top of my plant foraging and get some stuff tried, I tried a lot last year but I want to make some really decent full meals this year

Reactions: FerlasDave

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Get to the Moot
Get a job
Get published

Im confident on one and three

Dunno about two...

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
im drafting my list in me head at moment.

actually looking into bullet journalling to help keep it all in one place and trackable cause i have a bazillion things rattling around
Starting my third year of bullet journaling. It's a good organisational system especially if you're a bit chaotic. The guy who wrote the book has ADHD and it was his way of coping which shows his good it is because he's very successful across a few activities.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I don't do goals so much as rough idea of things I could do then I just live my life with the hope that I'll do interest things among the day to day grind.

A lot of house and garden work. Not bushcraft at all. Probably hand digging a French drain, chopping trees down, getting professionals to chop down trees, planting up and a fair few stumps to remove. All done on a steep hill garden with limestone just below the surface in places I think. I hope to find more belemnite fossils, there's a lot in the area I believe. Possibly coppice/ harvest a few Hazel rods. Plus more local walks, cycles and watching the tide come into the Kent estuary. One of the biggest tidal bores in the country apparently. A difficult one to surf kayak on though. Oh and covid permitting we'll be having a summer cycle tour in Belgium again. I'll be on my touring recumbent if we do.

Nothing really bushcraft I'm afraid. Although just being out in the excellent, local arnside and Silverdale AONB must count as bushcraft related. I do try to teach my son what little I've picked up (compared to what a lot on here know that is, hats off to you experts which is what many are! ).

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Yes kind of.

I have neglected fire lighting (got lazy) and have sort of lost some of the skull so I want to get back up on that. Work
More on natural tinders rather than carrying man made tinder.

I want to up my leather craft a bit more and try make some more complex things.

I would like to push myself to be able to hike further aswell (I have some mobility issues)

Reactions: TeeDee

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Oooh fish leather. Bang that on my list too :)

Speak to John Fenna about the Otzi pack! He's made a great example on his stone age thread

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
My main goal is just to get out more and get more kit to do an overnight camp.
It's been a long time away from it all so will be great to get out.

Arwen

Dec 30, 2021
Suffolk
Continuing the search for that ideal place to finally put my feet up and improving fitness and health, without which the bush crafting comes to a grinding halt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE