Projects or goals for 2022

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
You gonna fish ? for leather? :oops:;)

I want to Make some of my own gear Or modify and try and get out for some longer walks with stop overs. I think i'm going to scrap my lists of lists and just go with the flow.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
im drafting my list in me head at moment.

actually looking into bullet journalling to help keep it all in one place and trackable cause i have a bazillion things rattling around
I’ve actually taken to mind mapping stuff as I have so many projects in so many areas both at home and work.

Not very paper friendly with constant change but I’ve found it works much better for me. I use wisemapping though annoyingly it doesn’t translate the site well for a phone.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
More of the same as the last few years ... get out more, do less, appreciate more of what is out there, make more gear, use fewer gadgets, spend less, create more.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I would definitely get lost doing that.

@henchy3rd have you tried duolingo? its free but does have ads later on, its good fun. I find it better on windows/computer than the phone app.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
looks computerised

my brain is better with pen/pencil and paper

That said, thanks for the link

I think you 'maybe' part wrong and part right. I think that shows the concept in quite a computerised method but honestly do think certain people learn far more optimally if they rely more on audio and visual triggers.

For me that means mostly different colours and images - they sit and embed with me far far more easily than pages of text and hard data.

Anyhooo - worth a relook.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Just to stress the point, and I'll stop after this :) - this is an example of a Tony Buzan mind map from 20 years ago. Don't try and read too much into it; one thing I did learn when using them is that they are personal and it's very difficult to fully read someone else's.

Mind Map - copyright T Buzan.jpg

copyright Tony Buzan

Reactions: Tsantsa

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
That's my problem - Tony asked us to limit it to the main 3, but, by that time, my list was more than a typed, single spaced, A4 sheet!

Some will no doubt wait till the next lifetime.

I have now planned when in the year I'm doing the major things and the things that necessitate others planning their time.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I'd like to fulfil my long held ambition to own a little place in the country. I've a feeling it will be a few years yet though, not least because it's unlikely to be in the UK and my partner absolutely will not travel until we're "back to normal".

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
If you were to build a genuine igloolik (snow house,) they are damn dark inside 6-8" hard pack, wind-drifted snow blocks.
From time to time, the Inuit might replace all or part of a snow block with a block of ice but you have to be on the coast or next to a river to do that. Otherwise, fatty fish skin leather is translucent and adds a lot of light to the interior. The kudlik (quilliq) will provide smokey light and some heat.

We had a blizzard today. Big North wind. The drift pack in my back yard is really solid. I could walk over the 6' fence into my neighbor's back yard. Sure wish I knew what I did with my snow knife. I'd like to go out and fool around, especially since the WX might be -5C in less than a week.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Perhaps stupidly, one of my resolutions for the new year was to make one spoon out of wood every month. I reckon it'll give me a chance to play with different designs and timbers as well as boosting the stock of wooden implements in the house. Trouble is, we're approaching the half-way point in January and I haven't started my first one - yet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE