primitive cabin in the Swedish wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
That sounds absolutely fantastic and I'm sure most here would agree.

We're actually going to a cabin in that area for our summer holiday this year. If it wasn't for the fact my wife's job is under threat of redundancy then I would look into this further with you.

Best of luck and I hope it's a roaring success. Please keep us informed. And well done for chasing your dreams!

Cheers
Sean

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

ToneWood

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2012
Wessex
Sounds wonderful - and the price reasonable for what is essentially a third/quarter share of a second/holiday home, although I guess you have to build it first! Is that price for the land and materials? I'm a little surprised that you didn't look for wooded land that you could clear and use the timber to construct with (like that video of the Australian bushmen on Robin Wood's website - classic) - but it's good to know your limits too.

Is there any hunting, shooting or fishing is the areas you are looking at? XC-skiing in winter presumably? Access by 4WD?

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Make sure you are properly informed befor you plunge in.
It's not like you can just run into the woods at will here, cut down a pile of trees and build a log from that. There are rules and regulations about things like this here, too.
Who's land is it? What community? Check with them first.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Building permit is essential, they can tell you what they require to grant one.

You want to talk to the local government (kommunen), call the swithboard and ask about building permits. They are likely to be fairly generous, but toilets may be a sticky issue. You probably could get away with a separating outhouse, the urine to a buried "rock-pile". Compost the solid matter fully in the barrels and use for the garden that you may plant (or at least that is what you tell them that you would like to do with it).

Also check all rights of way (servitut) that may apply to the property.

Last edited:

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
www.golb.be
I like the idea. But for me it's to far away to really benefit from it. If it would be on a location that I could regularly visit in the weekends, I would seriously consider it.

Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE