Praise for myHermes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Surely that's a problem from the sender, not the carrier, though.

If you can't drop the parcel and not have the contents padded enough not to break, then no company will be guaranteed to carry it safely to delivery. Even palleted loads need care.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It feels rotten telling someone that the item you bought is smashed, and that it was their fault because of insufficient packing.
A lady once posted a plate to me in a plain brown envelope, and was quite indignant when I contacted her to send her a photo of the pieces that came out of the envelope when I opened it. Not even a sheet of tissue or bubble wrap; she said that selling on ebay was proving to be a hard learning experience because people expected so much effort for a few pounds :rolleyes:
Not much to be said to that except to offer advice on where to get bubble wrap and cardboard for free.

Hope your lantern glass is sorted out asap.

M

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have been using My Hermes for a while now, and have sent dozens of parcels using their service. If everything goes smoothly, which in my experience it often does, then great, however if you have to complain, then the service gets an awful lot worse very quickly.

In one instance I sent something that required a signature, and it was just dumped on the front lawn of the recipients' house. I complained, as I had not received the service for which I had paid. In the end it took three complaints, and the cessation of my business (not that it matters to them, but I was making a point) to get the refund I requested. I have also received goods (i.e. found by the door) for which I needed to sign.

As with much, I think it depends on your local delivery person at that time. Despite these two instances I still use them, and would always choose them over an alternative like Yodel/HDN, from whom I have received shocking service (without going in to too much detail, fraud and theft).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE