potassium permanganate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bushcraft Medic said:
where can i get some potassium permanganate? i live in the UK

Just go to your local chemist and ask them, they might have to order it in for you but my chemist had it in stock!
I hope this helps, good luck!:)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Bushcraft Medic,

If you type 'potassium permanganate' into the text box on the search menu, you get all of the BCUK threads which have discussed 'potassium permanganate'.

There was a really good one, started on 20th February 2007, at:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=19180&highlight=potassium+permanganate

This has got some really useful info, including a UK source of cheap, pharmaceutical Potassium Permanganate, and also discusses the uses of the chemical.

Hope this helps.

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
First of all...I am speaking out of turn then mods please delete this.

I noticed you have asked the same Question on British Blades.
Given the potential uses for potasium permanganate I have to ask what your intentions are? If you are qualified for what you say you are, I am sure you must already know its uses and where to get it.

I am sorry if I seam to be speaking out of turn but better to be cautious than wrong.

Regards...Gumbob

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Gumbob said:
First of all...I am speaking out of turn then mods please delete this.

I noticed you have asked the same Question on British Blades.
Given the potential uses for potasium permanganate I have to ask what your intentions are? If you are qualified for what you say you are, I am sure you must already know its uses and where to get it.

I am sorry if I seam to be speaking out of turn but better to be cautious than wrong.

Regards...Gumbob

I'm with Gumbob
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33452
Thread says it all.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I don't know what your problem is. Potassium Permanganate is not really dangerous. Sure you don't want to eat the crystals and its an oxidiser but it has alot of good uses. You don't want to drink most household chemicals or set them on fire either.

It is perfectly legal to buy.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mikey P said:
Greg,

If you type 'potassium permanganate' into the text box on the search menu, you get all of the BCUK threads which have discussed 'potassium permanganate'.

There was a really good one, started on 20th February 2007, at:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=19180&highlight=potassium+permanganate

This has got some really useful info, including a UK source of cheap, pharmaceutical Potassium Permanganate, and also discusses the uses of the chemical.

Hope this helps.

And why are you telling me this mate?:confused:
I think you have the wrong person:rolleyes: ! Its BUSHCRAFT MEDIC that asked the question....:)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Greg said:
And why are you telling me this mate?:confused:
I think you have the wrong person:rolleyes: ! Its BUSHCRAFT MEDIC that asked the question....:)

Oops! Sorry mate - should have read first post properly :eek: . Apologies. I have edited post now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE