Pot-Cozy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cyclist

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 9, 2006
holstein
A pot- cozy is just an insulated bag or container in which you put your sauce pan after your stove brought it to a boil. Further cooking will be archieved by the heat that´s already in the pot. Saves a lot of fuel

Never used one in those "rocket engine stove days" - now it´s an essential item with my meth. stove and with KellyK.
Your experience?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
the scouts used to do something called "hay box cooking"
it gives the same effect.
it's just a box lined with hay, which is packed around the pot.
essentially get your stew/soup/whatever to a rollling boil, then put it in the insulated box and leave for 8 hours.

slow cooking the old fashioned way :D

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
cyclist said:
A pot- cozy is just an insulated bag or container in which you put your sauce pan after your stove brought it to a boil. Further cooking will be archieved by the heat that´s already in the pot. Saves a lot of fuel

Never used one in those "rocket engine stove days" - now it´s an essential item with my meth. stove and with KellyK.
Your experience?

I never go backpacking or canoeing without one. They work well and can save you a lot of fuel.

You can see one of mine sitting on the shelf at this canoe camp. :)

canoecamp2d.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE