Post a pic of your craft project disasters

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
As you look through the pages of BushcraftUK you see some amazing craft work being done.
But we've all had that project that we mucked up, somehow ,after hours of hard work.
You know what I am talking about... that thing you made that lives at back of the shed that never made it onto your blog.
That green wood kuksa that cracked when drying or that great knife sheath that you made left handed for a right hand person.
So go on, don't pretend it never happened and post a picture of your craft project disaster.
After all we are only human.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Okay so not some of my better moments...
IMG_4117.jpg

Rushed in to making this knife.Used mallee root wood for the handle which was not a good idea as this bit of malle was like Swiss cheese as you can see the end came off.I will try to grind away the wood and bolster and reuse the blade.
IMG_4119.jpg

This is a spoon I started and then mucked up handle so it now is been use as graden mulch.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
OK, not such a disaster cock up. But if you look at the knife I recently made (here's a picture):
2941906530_c7f7e662b6.jpg

you will notice the sheath. In particular, you will notice the sheath is made with the rough side of the leather on the outside. This was not done on purpose. When I transposed the card template to the leather I forgot to turn it over. And I only had enough leather to make the one.
In the end it's hardly the end of the world, but it's not how I intended!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Most of my disasters and there are a few :eek: usually end up being recycled or as mentioned used as firewood :) May still have a broken bow or two in the workshop :rolleyes:

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Hmmm ... interesting question.

But why would anybody want to look at pics of the pile of scrap iron next to my shop? Or the pile under the workbench, or on that back shelf, or in the corner, or on most parts of the floor?

Altho, I occasionally take some of those twisted/tortured pieces of iron and make a modern ... art sculpture ... piece. And people like/prefer the more "tortured" and weird pieces - with just that ... hint ... of something recognizable.

And the other stuff? Well, pics of scars on the hands/arms/legs just ain't that appealing.

And I haven't found out a way to get pics of the mental goofs!

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE