Possibly a possibles pouch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
boaty said:
Just spotted these pouches over on Surplus and Adventure - waterproof, but no indication of size. I've ordered a couple, and I'll let you know if they're any good once they arrive :wink:

I have something that looks very similar and is marked as a container for the personal effects of British soldiers who have died in combat :yikes: Its construction is a fairly thin canvas with a drawcord closure. I currently use it as a container for my tea bags and coffee powder when I go backpacking

Cheers,
simon

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
OK, they've arrived (along with my spare Swedish Army Trangia, mess tins, pot gripper, and 7mm cord :roll: :?: :rolmao:

They came neatly packed (Trangia burner for scale):

packed-up.jpg

Once opened, they're quite large:

unfolded.jpg

Here's what they look like when they've got something inside:

packed.jpg

And here's what I could fit in :yikes:

contents.jpg

Yes, that's the aforementioned Swedish Army Trangia and mess tins in the two compartments - they're huge!!!

So I've got a couple of large, sturdy pouches with a waterproof compartment - too big for a possibles pouch but useful for, err, something like sectioning kit... yeah, that's it :eek:):

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I've had one of those for almost 40 years. My brother gave it to me when I was a kid. He got it in the Marine Corp. I've used it many times for traveling to keep my bath kit in but it's definitely not really suited for a possibles pouch imo.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
What about a PLCE resperator bag,would that make a good possibles pouch.

hootchi

Settler
CLEM said:
What about a PLCE resperator bag,would that make a good possibles pouch.
Thats exactly what I use! Spaceous, good strap or can be attached to the belt, olive green, not floppy- ideal. Shame about the internal dividerers, I may cut them out...
actually not a bad idea...
errm...
I'll be back in a minute. :rolmao:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
hootchi said:
Thats exactly what I use! Spaceous, good strap or can be attached to the belt, olive green, not floppy- ideal. Shame about the internal dividerers, I may cut them out...
actually not a bad idea...
errm...
I'll be back in a minute. :rolmao:
Marvelous.Let us know how it goes,and what you can and do carry in it ect.

hootchi

Settler
Yeah. The respirator pouch is much better without the dividers. Its strange I only thought to remove them when I was writing the post?!
I mainly carry it using the strap over my shoulder. In it I carry my tinder box, water bottle, survival kit (button compass, pottasium permanganate, fishing hooks and line, magnifying glass, candle, matches, sewing kit, wire saw), first aid kit, reference book, maybe a gas stove and mess tins. Depends on what I am doing and I can still fit it all in. :biggthump

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
I've got a respirator pouch (or two :roll: ), but was specifically looking for a pouch that attached to my person. I know that you can attach the respirator pouch to a belt, but it's too huge for me!!

My search continues...

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Boaty have you tried a smaller leather pouch for your belt possibles pouch? Or maybe you could look at something like a Arktis ffd pouch or even a single Ammo pouch.

Personally I like the leather as its more asthytically pleasing, but the point is you dont need a huge pouch as itsonly for essntial possibles! If you want to carry more than this then your edging away from a possibles pouch and more into the realms of possibles bag (which is slightly different) or daysack or bumbag land (fanny pack for our US FRIENDS) in which case I would recommend a us army butt pack!.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
No i wasnt talking about those mate, they would be to small for a possibles pouch I was talking about soemthing like the one I use (in the picture at the start of this thread)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE