Possible group buy gransfors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
At the moment I have an offer and can get gransfors bruks axes at 20% price reduction. Since I've profited from many groupbuys here I'm considering putting up this offer. The only thing being that I live in sweden and most of you guys live in the UK. Postage would be expensive if I sent it to you all seperately, being 250kr for 1 kg (1 small forest axe) to the UK with normal swedish post. DHL might be differently priced. So the only solution would be to send all the axes to one place in the UK and distribute from there. 20kg package only costs 800kr, being 80kr postage for every small forest axe. Then there's offcourse the added costs of postage within the UK. Any product from gransfors can be ordered if this group buy takes place.

Is anybody interested?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Would not Import Duty, V.A.T. and possible Handling Fee be applicable.

I mention this as I recently recieved one of my orders from overseas and had to pay all of the above.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Price of an SFA would roughly be 38 pounds, excluding postage. Problem is somebody has to get all the axes shipped to him/her in england and distribute from there if we want to keep the shipping price down. Is anybody up to the task?

Other axes besides SFA would be possible to buy as well.

Does anybody know if there can be import taxes if such a big package would be sent from Sweden to the UK?

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
It looks like there's not a big interest and that's understandable, as I can see the price reduction is neutralized by the postage costs and possible import taxes... Too much hassle for little gain. Axes are not ideal to send by post either. I call this topic closed. :eek:

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I may be interested depending on what the final costs end up being, sorry if that seems a little non committal, but I’m recently redundant!

Just a possible suggestion... instead of posting individually or one job lot, could a few parcels be sent to geographical hubs and then collected by the buyers?

Thanks for the offer.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
At the moment I have an offer and can get gransfors bruks axes at 20% price reduction. Since I've profited from many groupbuys here I'm considering putting up this offer. The only thing being that I live in sweden and most of you guys live in the UK. Postage would be expensive if I sent it to you all seperately, being 250kr for 1 kg (1 small forest axe) to the UK with normal swedish post. DHL might be differently priced. So the only solution would be to send all the axes to one place in the UK and distribute from there. 20kg package only costs 800kr, being 80kr postage for every small forest axe. Then there's offcourse the added costs of postage within the UK. Any product from gransfors can be ordered if this group buy takes place.

Is anybody interested?

Would this also count for none UK addresses ?? I guess belgium is not to far away ?

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Hej, I just asked gransfors for a deal specifically for BCUK groupbuy. I'll see how it turns out. The other offer I had has gone faster then I thought. keep your fingers crossed ;)

How many people would be interested, as there should be quite a number to get any price reduction.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
i'll probbably be in, and i'm more than happy to act as the "hub" and send out to others, i've done it a few times before and if you have a system set up it's not too bad

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I'd be interested in a splitting hatchet maybe something else as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE