portable grill stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Cool!!!

Wish people would not post things like this it is a terrible strain on the wallet

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Great bit of kit, but like mentioned, another strain on the wallet.

Will fit great in the cubby box.

LS

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Hi Nooky.
I too got the IWOOT catalogue in the post the other day and was tempted by this grill (amongst ather gadgets!). As for the strain on the wallet, as a wise man once said:-
The one who dies with the most toys wins!!!

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks

My Guess is that it would be quite easy to make, but the tubes would be better made from copper tube rather than Stainless steel as it is easier to drill, and the outer rods will need to be made of mild steel 6mm threaded bar, the inner rods will need to be stainless steel rods for ease of cleaning, so where can I get the bits, the copper tube I can do, and the threaded bar, but the stainless rods are the problem!!!

LS

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
ludlowsurvivors said:
so where can I get the bits, the copper tube I can do, and the threaded bar, but the stainless rods are the problem!!!LS

You could cut them off an old oven shelf (nab one out of an old cooker next time you're at your local dump) and then clean it up with oven pride or similar.

Failing that why not use the side of a shopping trolly and cut it from that...you might even be able to do one with the botton off of a mesh shopping basket.

If the worst comes to the worst then buy a cake rake and use that :)

Hope that helps,

Bam. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Actually mr doggy & LS thats a great idea! Two bits of copper tubing and two bits of threaded bolt rod.....weld a nut on outside of the copper tube where a hole had been drilled through....4 legs similar bolt rod...oven shelf or old barby top..have to attach that somehow......hmmmm

Have a better design to copy soon for a threaded tripod...with a wire rope winch!

Red

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Excelent idea, have a load of those on the camp site, used one to support the ammo box oven, and still have some left. Some 28 & 22mm tube, Will post the photo's when I have the kit together....

LS

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Wish people would not post things like this it is a terrible strain on the wallet

One day I`ll have to post a picture of a telescopic sausage stick with a nice wooden handle...you may also be interested in the pocket bonfire...

I`m sorry. :eek:

Marko

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Yes. Wooden handle, car antenna, fork at the end...nice leather sheath. Equipped with for example, Nokia logo. Muy Bien...ecologico!

The pocket bomfire is also quite good...it``s even been patented (I think...?). Any guesses?

Marko

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Anyway....its the making thats the fun....a mate of mine built a collapsible shooting bench after a back injury meant he couldn't shoot prone anymore...curved round the body...non slip mat for left and right elbows....integral seat....frond projection for bench rest and bi pods....depression for your rear bean bag....cup holder (really)

Yup a picnic bench would be easier (although harder to carry)...but he had weeks of fun working it up from an old folding table and camera tripod....who said fun has to be practical (we wouldn't be Bushcrafters if it did :lmao: )

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
It's more fun to make it than buy it, and it usually costs the same. Not always the case if you don't have to buy the kit though. I have just found an oven rack in the shed and cut the bars out ready for the new build, will find some off cuts of copper tomorrow, haven't got any 6mm threaded rod, but I do have 8mm so that will have to do. You may even see the photo's tomorrow night!

LS

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Marko,

I think Trangia make one....Zippo do a real small one

Red

Oh thanks! ;) where am I going to find those....or the money to buy them :) ?

I´ll have to try and find the "taskunuotio" (pocket fire) from somewhere in my stores...this stove works on methspirits gel...everything packs into a 0.2 litre aluminium cup...and post a picture (please don`t hold your breath...). I think this guy may have invented it...(among other things).

http://selkikeskus.com/keksinnot.html

I also have one version of the sierra stove...a kind of double layer "pot", which works as a campfire...it burns virtually anything.

Then there`s this type of contraption made of bits of wood, string and cardboard which folds down to pocket size....and opened up is just waiting to be lit...obviously its disposable. As campfires usually are... :) Also invented by the "taskunuotio" guy. Winters up here in the north are very long and boring...therefore, people come up with various types of creativity...one guy even invented a system for a rowing boat, where the traditional stroke propels the boat backwards....the advantage being...you face the direction you are going.

Maybe I need to go and sleep...

Marko

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I use the use wire griddle from a small grill tray, sat on the two logs of a hunters fire, it works very well. It also slips between my pack and frame, so it dose'nt soil my kit. (piccy in my gallery I think :confused: )
Neil

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks,

It is nowhere near as good looking as the shop one, and the 8mm rod really needs to be 6mm, but here it is, took about 40 mins to make.

LS

Also needs a little refining (prettying up)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE