Polish Lavvu with fitted wood stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Quite fancy one of these to go in mine, as they are really small (around 10" cube)...

packerJunior.gif

http://www.kni-co.com/packerjr.shtml

Cheap by tent stove standards (about £100 all-in, inc chimney), but whole point of this Lavvu is the cheapness! Not such a bargain if I end up buying lots of other bits.

That looks great, and a cracking price compared to the normal ones like this, many of which seem to fall to bits, or plain dont work, after spending a small fortune.

Saves a lot work buying kit sometimes. ;)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Will be finishing my stove tonight as I've just bought this tent from the German guy on ebay because of the other thread and Addo's home comfort stove.

Look forward to seeing it. Still just for the kids to play in ehh ;) :D

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I gave the wife 3 reasons:

1. Kids play tent
2. Rain coat for walking the dog in the harsh british weather!
3. My christmas present.

But I would be trying it before christmas I just need to put legs on the stove and sort out the chimney.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
What an elitist snob.......
Fancy having a tent with a stove in it.

Joking aside, well done Addo. I think thats ace Mate.
Would you mind saying how much you've spent all in.

Thanks, Mart.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Well im pretty sure the ammo box stove will cost nowt as I managed to get a box for free the other day. It would be purpose made and be more appropriate, as long as I can get a henry hoover type pipe for a flue (kicking myself as I scrapped one recently).
Then I'll use the sheild ect I made which was out of scrap and general bits saved over the years, out the garage.

So all in with a home made stove, £24 :D

And some of my time.

Improviser

Tenderfoot
Addo would you mind posting some piccys up of your AmmoHenry stove/lavvu as a complete set up when its finished please ?

Well intrigued as ive just ordered a lavvu of the german ebayer & im looking at stove options.

Cheers

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Addo would you mind posting some piccys up of your AmmoHenry stove/lavvu as a complete set up when its finished please ?

Well intrigued as ive just ordered a lavvu of the german ebayer & im looking at stove options.

Cheers

No problem. Been milling the design over in my head today. Going to crack on soon with the parts I can do then see about the rest.

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
Quite fancy one of these to go in mine, as they are really small (around 10" cube)...

packerJunior.gif

http://www.kni-co.com/packerjr.shtml

Cheap by tent stove standards (about £100 all-in, inc chimney), but whole point of this Lavvu is the cheapness! Not such a bargain if I end up buying lots of other bits.

That gives me an idea:

AIX_DECAYEUX__100____8872___.jpg

Standard French letter box available in galv or stainless, about 10"x10"x12", side or bottom hinged flap, and starting around £20. I might go and give one a good look over tomorrow, see if it's feasible.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
That gives me an idea:

AIX_DECAYEUX__100____8872___.jpg

Standard French letter box available in galv or stainless, about 10"x10"x12", side or bottom hinged flap, and starting around £20. I might go and give one a good look over tomorrow, see if it's feasible.

go stainless, im led to believe that galvanised gives off toxic fumes when burnt

aha! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever

seems stainless isnt without risk either

no idea on amount of exposure etc that would present a risk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE