Polish army tent - Lavvu on a budget ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

metalfury

Jul 8, 2011
UK
Here's a pic of my buddy's tarp setup with a couple of canoe paddles for tarp poles

img_1357.jpg

To see the image in context with his review of the True North tarp:

http://elementseu.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/the-true-north-big-tarp/

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Yep me too just "discovered" them and really fancy one for the winter in instead of getting a hammock under blanket plus you can cook in them maybe build an ammo box stove or use my ikea hobo stove in the door way.anyone got a cheap one?found them online for £23 delivered online

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Probably not the best time to mention this as I'm about to bugger off to Canada for a couple of weeks but, I'm in talks with a dealer who can supply 10 complete tents for just under £160. I don't mind getting them in if there's any interest but you'll have to choose your preferred postage on top of that, I'm happy to meet up with local folk if it helps.

I think they average around 3.5 to 4kgs so whether it can be done for less than those already available at £25 I don't know.

I'll pick it up again on my return but maybe add your name here if you're interested and I'll see what we can do.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yep me too just "discovered" them and really fancy one for the winter in instead of getting a hammock under blanket plus you can cook in them maybe build an ammo box stove or use my ikea hobo stove in the door way.anyone got a cheap one?found them online for £23 delivered online

Have you got a link for those at £23 Andy ?

madra

Oct 6, 2008
the intarweb
I'd still fancy getting one of these myself. After i posted earlier in the thread, I did order one from the ebay seller linked to in previous posts...

Well, to cut a long story short, the wonderful Royal Mail managed to initially lose the parcel, then send it to the wrong sorting office, then back to Poland, without ever getting it within 5 miles of my front door. When I tried to find out *** thay had been playing at, they fobbed me off with some story about the parcel not having had a proper delivery address on it, so they'd "returned it to sender". I contacted the sender in Poland who emailed me photos of the parcel, as returned to him, with my address written clearly on it in marker pen in two different places. He said the parcel looked like someone had been playing football with it, by the time it arrived back with him. Needless to say I didnae get a penny back off the Royal Mail, either.

So, yeah, if anyone turns up a new source of these, I'd still like to try and get my paws on one.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Have you got a link for those at £23 Andy ?

here you go rich but be warned just gone to order one and they added 7.53 postage just as i went to pay

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/Campi...h-Army-Dome-tent-Lavvu/prod_1444.html?added=1

if you can get that bloke with 10 i would have 1 and maybe get it at a brockwell weekend ? or maybe come down to yorkshire and make a weekend of it either way it'll be canny little group buy let me know if you go ahead and get them

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
here you go rich but be warned just gone to order one and they added 7.53 postage just as i went to pay

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/Campi...h-Army-Dome-tent-Lavvu/prod_1444.html?added=1

if you can get that bloke with 10 i would have 1 and maybe get it at a brockwell weekend ? or maybe come down to yorkshire and make a weekend of it either way it'll be canny little group buy let me know if you go ahead and get them

I saw those last night on ebay when I was looking, I think that's the guy I got my original one off. They've knocked the postage down to £6.50 so they're £30 all in, that's still a good price for what they are I reckon.

I'll see what's happening when I get back and start a new thread if there's enough interest.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
just looked on ebay aswell and its the same company but different postage prices very strange

it looks like 3 people already so i don't think you'll have any probs getting rid of 10

are you coming upto brockwell in september with chris ?

Q

Queeny

Just bought one for £24 inc p&p :) Cant wait to get it and try out the tripod thingy!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
If you can wait 2-3 months I can organize a group buy as I'm going home for 2 weeks (yes, I'm from poland). Price shouldn't go beyond 15 quid mark for one and something like 25 for two (you need two for a "full" tent).
as I will be going there by car I can bring as many as you need :)

Q

Queeny

Just realised...Ive had mine up for three days INSIDE OUT with the pocket buttons on the inside and the extra shoulder fabric on the outside :/ only leaked in along the neck corded lines :) Very pleased indeed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE