Polish army tent - Lavvu on a budget ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyross

Nov 14, 2006
U.K.
These look like a great find. Does anyone know where I can get a pair (1 tent) from. I have looked on Ebay with no luck. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers Andy

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
I've ordered mine from a german ebayer called wwwmilitariaworldde - it hasn't arrived yet, so i can't vouch for the seller at all, but that's where I've ordered it from.

You might have to tinker with your settings to get results from other countries. Also, the german for polish army tent is 'poln armeezelt'.

Cheers
Glyn.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
These look like a great find. Does anyone know where I can get a pair (1 tent) from. I have looked on Ebay with no luck. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers Andy

I got mine off of Ebay.de. The seller has several up for offer both buy it now and auction.

Here's the link for the BIN one and here's the link for the auction one. You can choose which you go for :)

Tubbyfraser

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 4, 2008
Nowhere
Got mine today from the 'bay. Great service from the seller and the whole thing looks really good. Gonna have a play termorrow!

Graeme

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
I ordered mine on Monday, and it arrived today, Sterling service, despite the exchange rate being atrocious.
It buttoned together easy enough, but it'll be the weekend before I can have a proper play.

One thing I'm struggling with is getting it packed up nice and small, so may I ask how you folks do it?

Cheers
Glyn

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Mines folded into an 18" wide strip and then rolled up with the poles in the centre, a couple of leather straps hold it together then.

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
I'd love a wee stove in mine, but I'm terrified of excess CO/CO2 and not sure it's worth the risk in relatively mild weather - this is mostly due to my own ignorance though, I'm sure they're safe if you know what you're doing.

I think I'll get a rivet gun and a safety can opener anyway, as it's the sort of thing I'd love to make, even if I only use it out in the open.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy one (or more)of those mini-kegs :)

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
I figure that with that size I am going to try an UCO candle lantern first, just to take the edge off and keep condensation at bay. I can cook on any one of lots of stoves - usuolly the Swedish Army Trangia. There must be plenty of air leaks to counter the CO2 build up from a single candle.

Richard

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Ok I put mine up today it was raining quite hard so I thought I would put it up in the garden and see how it performed. So I packed up the swiss army trangia the bushlight candle lantern my son and the tent.

We got out side and put it up (my sons 3 he did help by holding the pegs ;) )
Anyhow found it a bit fiddly getting the pole to stay together but finally got it standing straight and looked fairly good.

I found it a bit difficult to open up and shut the flap deciding on using the button down three buttons and flap at the bottom method. I think a velco mod or a zip mod is required here..

Ok water test..the outside appeared to be beading water very well however an hour and a half in to the rain the seams were seeping on the inside and there was also leaks from the material on one half of the tent, so I think that it needs water proofing before using it for real.

I fired up the candle as it is pitch black inside!! not used to that I usually use a hammock or tarp!..

Anyhow I then got a brew on fired up the stove soon the tent was like a sauna!! I was thinking about a small wood burner for the winter but I really think this tent is way to small for that! The meths burner brought the temperature up so much that the small size required for the wood burner means you would be filling it up every 4 minutes ;)

On the whole it looks useable, I will op for the bivy bag and sleep mat method, I will also look at a A frame as the pole is right in the way. This is definalty a 1 person tent the two of us and a stove and there was not much space left over.

Over all for the price its a good option for winter camping, it gets heavy when wet and needs to be wet proofed will I use it yes I think I will..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE