Polish Army Lavvu - What bed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
You might get away with the camp bed but I doubt it due to the way the sides angle in. I've always been fine with a mat on the ground, though.
Hope this helps
Phil

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The camp bed will fit in the laavu, but your face and feet will be up against the canvas in the standard setup. I have the Polish sleep mat and the Czech bedroll, very warm and comfy, but all 3 together are VERY heavy. I also try not to use the poles, but an external support.

[video=youtube;24p38hfxEiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24p38hfxEiY[/video]

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
May depend on your height as your bod is going to be raised up to the sloping "roof"........I'm 6' 4" and the Lavvu diameter is about 7' at GROUND level
Excellent piece of kit! Mine is to be used for odd nights with the canoe. (with a foam mat)

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
Hi All,

I'm still waiting for my mine to arrive but have a quick question for anyone with a polish Army Lavvu.....
I have old camp bed similar to this one and wounded if it would fit inside?

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/freedom-trail-camp-bed-4-leg-p321943 fit inside?

Or would I be better looking to invest in a Polish sleep mat? If i can find one.

I'm a side sleeper and mainly car camping at the weekend at the moment.

Many thanks

- What the others have said, about the bed being right up against the sides. Not a fan of camp beds personally, though I am a fan of the old Polish Army pelerina namyot (to give it its proper name). Being a side sleeper too, I use a closed cell foam mat, an old British Army non-mummy doss bag and canvas bedroll.

Atb,

Nick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE