Poles for use with a DD 3x3 Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TrickyT

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2009
UK
Hi.

Can anyone recommend some poles to accompany the DD 3x3 Tarp that I have just purchased.

Just after what others use, lightweight versus reliable etc.

Regards

Trevor

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tend to cut some young hazel if I'm in a coppiced area, but if resources are short I sometimes carry some Vango steel poles if I'm in the canoe.

There some decent lighter alloy ones on ebay if you search for bivvy poles etc.

I prefer to take longer guys out to trees though if they're available.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Try Wilkinson's extendable washing line poles £2.99 each - double as a walking stick too.

jerrycanfirebox6.jpg

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i just ordered some bivi/basha poles..50cm closed 95cm open from rvops..atb shogun..

TrickyT

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2009
UK
Thanks for all of your replies, coming from a 'camping' background I have always thought of havign the equipment to do the job. Forgetting that when out in the bushcraft, just use what is around and tie it to a tree!

Regards

Trevor

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Last weekend, I bought some elastic to re-thread some tent poles I'd raided from a Tesco value tent, to make a flexible pole 4.2 meters long to use corner to corner on a DD tarp. It made a huge living space by bending the centre diagonal through the centre loop on the tarp and planting them in the ground, pegged around 3 corners, and used a busted walking stick proping up the fourth corner. I then just pulled out the tarp and pegged the remaining loops on the ground. It was well enclose and kept the wind and rain off me for two nights. I wish I'd taken pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE