Pocket Quiver (Archery)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I bought a cheap hip quiver, inserted a eliptical bit of wood to space the arrows. Then I glued a magnet into the bottom to keep the arrows in, then found a bit of elastic strapping which can be fashioned to carr in a pocket type, belt or back. Cost me about a fiver i think..

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I'm thinking of making one if I can find the leather, I can borrow the tools from a friend who has them..

Details of how to make it would be handy though, I'm thinking of one that slides into the back pocket so the leather would have to be fairly stiff for the pocket Flap..

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I'm in the market for a quiver too, making an arm brace atm
I like the look of these as long as they actually hold the arrows firmly
I've seen a chap at the club has a pair of standard trousers he's lengthened the back pocket and he puts his arrows in there. They only stick out about 6 inches or so, so it must be double the length of a normal pocket at least
Going back to this quiver, if you made a flap to go in the pocket with a magnet on, the quiver could stay on the outside and be fixed in place with another magnet/ piece of metal to sandwich the pocket material between
Personnaly, I'd be worried about the arrow retention once the leather wears a little and stretches.
Would the arrows get in the way when drawing too?
Mark

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
What you need to do is see how big your back pocket is and have one bit of leather that size then the other bit of leather the same but a bit longer you can cut slots into that longer bit so your belt can go into it. Put the longer bit so it is on your bodyside that way the arrows you push into the quiver go right into the quiver not your bum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE