pocket ponchos?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Anyone carry one, Im looking for something that packs down real small for my just in ca^^%se kit, the highlander one looks good but Im not sure how small it packs?

Something the size of a space blanket folded would be ideal

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The smallest usable poncho I've found, after a very long search indeed over a good few years, is the Tenth Wonder jobby; it's small, very light and does the job very well. However, the smallest I can get it to pack if I try to compress it down is about the size of a 1 litre Nalgene, so I dont bother, I just put it away loosely and nestle my other gear in, on and around it.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I have a Higlander one you can have for the post, Th hood is a bit tight on me. Packs to about the size of a 1L nalgene.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
We call them E ponchos, they do the immediate job and unlike a garbage bag you will not sweat as much, as the E poncho allows air flow. They are very inexpensive, they fill that niche for what they were intended for, inexpensive, small package for walk around kit.
We also have intermediate ponchos that are stronger than the E style and are reusable. They are again not as strong as a regular poncho but are much more portable, hence with you, not at home stored in a larger pack.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
The smallest usable poncho I've found, after a very long search indeed over a good few years, is the Tenth Wonder jobby; it's small, very light and does the job very well. However, the smallest I can get it to pack if I try to compress it down is about the size of a 1 litre Nalgene, so I dont bother, I just put it away loosely and nestle my other gear in, on and around it.

What Mr. Macaroon says.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Anyone carry one, Im looking for something that packs down real small for my just in ca^^%se kit, the highlander one looks good but Im not sure how small it packs?

Something the size of a space blanket folded would be ideal

Fold a space blanket in half and cut a hole for your head.

Or of course you can pick something up from poundland and about as durable and long lasting as a cheap carrier bag, good for an emergency though when you have nothing else.

Then there is the binman's favourite, a bin liner with holes for your head and arms.

I did have a highlander poncho, it packs fairly small but quite a job to stuff back into the sack. It was not very good, it delaminated.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Snugpak enhanced patrol poncho packs down to a small size. It does not open out flat like a tarp but has a good length to it a fits over a backpack too. I really like mine.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Im only looking for a use once, if every.

I just feel like Im getting a bit old for hiding under a bush when the weather gets rough and wanted something in my pocket more than the old space blanket

The highlander is only 3quid ill give it punt..,,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE