pocket knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anshutz1

Jun 20, 2011
herefordshire
Hi Folks, sorry in advance, but looked at FAQ and didn't find answer. I'm basically looking for advice on a legal pocket knife... Using a "british army" type knife for sorting bunnies out in the field, but clearly not the best for the job. Want to get one knife to carry at all times, without falling out with the law. I've looked at swiss army and opinel, but they still locking so no good. Not got lot of spare cash so want this to be one off purchase. Thanks in advance for any advice. (new on site so thats my excuse)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
depends on your price range mate

I carry a (Queen) sodbuster junoir as my EDC - (£30)

failing that a cheaper option would be one made by joker (£15)

and my Sunday bests are made by Northwoods and great eastern cutlery (£100 ish cause you have to import them)

I will get a shing one day and a scagel too (+£100) :D

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
depends on your price range mate

I carry a (Queen) sodbuster junoir as my EDC - (£30)

failing that a cheaper option would be one made by joker (£15)

and my Sunday bests are made by Northwoods and great eastern cutlery (£100 ish cause you have to import them)

I will get a shing one day and a scagel too (+£100) :D

I can imagine the chap would appreciate some links in the direction of mentioned knives! ;)

IF you have the time buddy have a look through these makers of knives in this website, all are legal to carry everyday and the site can delviery to you very quickly! (no connections to the site) >> http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/-UK-Legal-Carry-Knives/c-1-92-641/

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
No denying the utility of an SAK, it's the blade that gets the least use on mine, the saw and scissors probably the most. For a legal carry blade, where the blade is the priority there are some nice offerings from Spyderco, non locking but designed to save your fingers in the event of the blade folding prematurely. They are not all horrendously expensive, you can get an FRN UKPK for little more than £40 and the Kiwi is half that.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Why not one of these, grind the back of the end a little and UK legal...

http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Svord-Knives/c-1-92-695/

ooh no need to mod the tip! just the lower edge section to make it under 3 inches..

It can be resharpened this way too!
PKBM2.jpg

NPK4.jpg

I'd say go for a brightly coloured plastic handled one if you intend on gutting bunnies with it!

great steel on these knives.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Yeah, theres that way too. I removed the back edge at tip of both of mine before thinking of doing the other end! And I agree the steel is great on them, easy to get razor sharp.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Could go for a Victorinox Huntsman. A post been mentioned on this recently and you will have a few more tools to use. Will do the job ok.

anshutz1

Jun 20, 2011
herefordshire
thanks for advice. Have used one of sites to order SVORD. Seen many others that might just find their way into one of my many pockets, once few more pennis available. Cheers all.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
The svord will serve you well.

I used to use an opinel for paunching rabbits - I left it in the rifle case so it wasn't on me all the time.

All the best
Andy

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I can imagine the chap would appreciate some links in the direction of mentioned knives! ;)

IF you have the time buddy have a look through these makers of knives in this website, all are legal to carry everyday and the site can delviery to you very quickly! (no connections to the site) >> http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/-UK-Legal-Carry-Knives/c-1-92-641/

wheres the fun in that - the hunt is part of the enjoyment

thanks for advice. Have used one of sites to order SVORD. Seen many others that might just find their way into one of my many pockets, once few more pennis available. Cheers all.

nicde enough - bit big for pocket carry though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE