Pitt-Rivers Museum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wow, from the descriptions and pictures I really fancy a visit. I do love the uninitialised almost jumbled displays, really pull you in. Make's it seem like an old professors study.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
My photos are really badly filed so I can't find the ones I want but does anyone have any pics of the strange inverted funnel things that are in the same cabinet as the western tinderboxes? They are something to do with firefighting in the home but back when I first saw them I couldn't work out how they were used and couldn't find anything on the interweb. I can't even remember what they were called.

ATB

Tom

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Some of the colleges rent out their spare rooms too - very cheaply. they mainly rent to conferences etc wanting to use the college dining facilities
Can be as little as £50 or so depending on various things. right in the centre of Oxford. can't beat that.
Parking would be an issue though

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, I want to go! So much to gawp at!

I particularly liked the copper axe from Ireland, -an example of the earliest metal work in GB.

Yes, we did have a copper age...

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
I don't think there is much more I can say on this, except, if you haven't been, you are missing out. We had a brill time but tired wife and bored teenage daughter cut short our visit. Must get back there before we move.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE