Pimp my firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Tonights fire was courtesy of Alban Depper.

Cnv0096.jpg

Sean13

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2005
south wales
Here's my effort, i made a while ago for a laugh, I have inserted what is actually a landing light for a model plane into the end of the handle and by twisting the top it flashes blue, so before you use the firesteel in the dark you can switch on the light and then you wont put it down and lose it. the light is attached by a small magnet and can be removed and the battery can be replaced.

DSCN4687.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/neill116/DSCN4691.jpg

And here it is in dark mode......although the lights do actually flash (camera cant show it)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/neill116/DSCN4741.jpg

Bit of fun really, it's a bit scruffy and i have yet to finish it properly which will happen eventually :rolleyes:

cheers

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Here's my latest effort.

Tortoiseshell with a matching friction-fit holder.

Tortoise3.jpg

Artificial of course :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Graham,

You have rep! That brightened up my whole day - we have all been taking life far, far too seriously lately - thank you

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Glad you liked it Red! :D - swmbo thinks i'm mad (well madder) but I dont care!

-------

Anyway, at last I got round to making the 'pimping prize pouch' I promised last night so heres a piccie of it!

I'll leave Red to formulate how the comp is organised!

pimppouch.JPG

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ok - this isn't exactly firesteel pimping but a pimp none the less! :D

usbkey.JPG

Oh yes! - it IS still fully functioning! ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Graham thats awesome.

Right, lots of us have posted our efforts. Given Grahams very kind offer, lets say we'll give it to the end of July for anyone who wants to enter to get the materials and make their entry. I'll then publish an "entry" thread for those who want to take part in the competition. We'll put the results to a poll if their are no more than 10 entries. If there are more than 10...we'll get a guest celebrity (or failing that Tony :)) to pick a shortlist of 10. We'll put the list of 10 to a poll and the winner gets Grahams pouch! If anyone else want to volunteer a prize, we'll put together a "price pack" and make it fun (hmm I wonder if Andrew at Outdoorcode is watching ;))

Red

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
here's another one of mine, finished today!

firesteel.JPG

it's a curvy shape and as a tease i'm gonna leave it as that till tommorow............... ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE