Pimp my Carry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I attaches to the same zips as the side pouches, with extra zips on board to then attach the side pouches to, if that makes any sense. Anyway it can be added or removed as needed.
Probably about finished unless I tidy up the strap work a bit.
sporty68.gif

I like this idea, how did you atatch the zips, any chances of some more details/pics, please.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This is the modification for fitting a third pouch to a PLCE system then.

PLCE_Mod-1.jpg

Here you see the new pouch at the top right with the two halves of the zip fitted back to back as it were.

The side pouch is shown at the bottom left, still zipped onto the bergen.

PLCE_Mod-2.jpg

To fit the new pouch, unzip the side pocket, attach the lower zip of the new pouch to the bergen zip and then the side pouch to the upper zip. Repeat this for the other side.

(The Devils own job to show in a picture but simple enough in reality.)

The lower zip pullers will now be between the new pouch and the bergen, which is a little fiddly but it's easier if you have longer tabs on the pullers.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Minotaur

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Posted here from other thread.
i had one of my customers pop round me workshop, he wanted to have his pack pimped, lol, he wanted me to line the edges with leather, i chose premium calf leather for this task, he also wanted me to go around the top lid, but on this paticular type sheath it is elasticated and i advised him to leave that the way it is, as you need that for hugging the pack when full, now on something like my vulcan you can do the lid to and it looks fantastic, its a bit of the old with the new.
i added him some leather pull tabs to.
i done this all by hand, every stitch with awl, and a lot of patience, needle and thread.
hope you like it.

IMG_3284 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3285 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3287 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3288 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3289 by lucky_lee, on
a pack that had a bit of my treatment by lucky_lee, on Flickr<Snip.

all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Posted here from other thread.
I was asked after doing the other pack for this customer if i would pimp the whole of his vulcan, because he was so pleased with what i done with his other one he bought the vulcan and dropped that round, this time he wanted more doing to his pack, so of i went to the workshop and got cracking, i have lines most areas, i have left the lid as this is elasticated and would detract from that if i had lined that with calf skin.
this was all done by hand with an awl and needle and thread
i hope you like it.

IMG_3353 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_3354 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_3358 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_3359 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_3360 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_3362 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
As many of you know I like to adapt and modify my equipment from time to time and I know a few others do the same, so how about seeing some of those rucksack mods.

Canvas_Crusader-1.jpg

This started off as a cotton canvas Crusader made by Berghaus but the old side pocket zip system was designed for their own pouches so I added zips compatible with the PLCE system.

The elastic in the hood was dying, so that was beefed up with some thin bungee cord threaded through the edge and the old buckles, of a type I just didn't get on with were changed to a more standard clip style.

Recently I've made a couple of side pockets with canvas salvaged from an old military tarp to better match the original material.

Wayland is this the pre-Cyclops version?

garethw

Settler
I have to say Gary your craftsmanship is superb, and I really enjoy looking at the shots of your modifications to your pack....

I have to say I also reply enjoy your photos... I have spent my life as a pro photographer and cameraman covering news for papers and latterly video for news and special interest, so I can appreciate top work...

I have found your images outstanding and your workmanship superb.

thank you for sharing with us!!!
cheers
Gareth

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wayland is this the pre-Cyclops version?

I really don't know much about the history of this pack, I think it's the same as the one Cliff found.

I have to say Gary your craftsmanship is superb, and I really enjoy looking at the shots of your modifications to your pack....

I have to say I also reply enjoy your photos... I have spent my life as a pro photographer and cameraman covering news for papers and latterly video for news and special interest, so I can appreciate top work...

I have found your images outstanding and your workmanship superb.

thank you for sharing with us!!!
cheers
Gareth

Thank you very much, It's nice to know that it's appreciated. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE