pictures of 2 weeks of summer camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Hmmm yup your body gets used to the rhythms of camp life very easily. Recon the only thing to tempt me back to the house is a bath. (Though with a tin bath in the Tipi, Frontier stove and a JOMPY, I could be in there).

When do you start back at school? That'll get you used to daily rhythms again.:rolleyes:

I still have 3 weeks of unconditional liberty left. I'm going to try and get the most out of them or I'll regret it.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
[video=youtube;JYLm5w5o10Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLm5w5o10Q[/video]

Go, escape, run free, enjoy the freedom, taste the liberty, revel in the zeitgeist of summer holidays.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
That looks like you all had a wonderful time outdoors. Reminds me a little bit of the time back when I was young and went to the scout camp. But we never did spoon carving or ate fresh goose or made fire with a bow drill... it was more just a summer camp, but fun anyway.

Where did you sleep? Tents?

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
That looks like you all had a wonderful time outdoors. Reminds me a little bit of the time back when I was young and went to the scout camp. But we never did spoon carving or ate fresh goose or made fire with a bow drill... it was more just a summer camp, but fun anyway.

Where did you sleep? Tents?

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Yeah we all brought tents except the camp leaders slept in big tipi's. Thanks I will!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great pictures Neils :)

Another cause of the acidy taste might have been the willow. Can be quite bitter sometimes.
Personally I would rather chew on me own leg than eat eel but i know plenty who love it. Great pictures once again.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
That looks like a fantastic time! And I didn`t know so much geese where disposed in holland. I love goose-meat, and it is a shame to know it goes to waste.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
That looks like a fantastic time! And I didn`t know so much geese where disposed in holland. I love goose-meat, and it is a shame to know it goes to waste.

Yes is seems like quite an extreme measure but before geese were protected there weren't anywhere near as many, which is why they're trying to cut back on their numbers now. Especcially the invasive ones like Canada geese and Egyptian geese.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Yes is seems like quite an extreme measure but before geese were protected there weren't anywhere near as many, which is why they're trying to cut back on their numbers now. Especcially the invasive ones like Canada geese and Egyptian geese.
Yes, regulating is necessary. I`d just like them not to go to waste. I should find out if I can get some every now and then (and convince my family that they want it...)

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Yes, regulating is necessary. I`d just like them not to go to waste. I should find out if I can get some every now and then (and convince my family that they want it...)

Just get to know some hunters. They usually end up throwing away most of the geese anyway. The hunter who gave us these had shot over 80 that morning. And his refrigerator was already full of game!:)

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Nice pics mate looks like a fun trip. Last time i skewered sausages like that they all ended up in the fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE