Pictures missing in articles.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Just been looking at some of the articles and there seem to be a fair few with missing picture links, this maybe due to hosting but in some cases it makes the article useless.
Noticed too on a lot of the articles there is no way of seeing who wrote the tutorial, sure there used to be?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've had this problem and used a similar thread on this site to correct it.
The page address which comes up in the tool bar at the top of the page isn't crossing over fully - poor explanation, I know. Try double clicking on the page address and replace the word 'community' with 'forum' and then click Enter/Go.

The page address for this page is: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=291427, the old site page address would have been:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=291427. Forum and community are in bold to help point out exactly where they are in the page address, if/when you try it leave them as plain letters, not in bold.

Hope this helps (& works).

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Ferrol,
It's possible that it's still awaiting the update. I thought I'd cracked it but, instead of 404, it came up as restricted access, so I may not have been able to view prior to the site changes. :sad6:, I can't be of more help at the moment. System wont let me use the word so I've used the emoticon instead.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Oh, the irony - clicked on the link and it came up as Error 500, so I went into it the long way. They are a tad on the small side aren't they. I can, sort of, help you on this one. Now it's not a perfect way, but it is a way - quite labourious if there's a few pics.

1. Whilst you're still logged into this site access Microsoft Word (or equivalent),
2. Minimalise Word,
3. Left click on the object you want to view,
4, Right click gives you your options,
5. Click on copy (if it's an available option),
6. Bring back your blank Word document (it'll be hiding at the bottom of the screen),
7. Right click again,
8. Select Paste,
9. Repeat from step 2. for each subsequent pic you want.

If all's gone well you should now have a picture or pictures. Unfortunately the pic will be the same size as it was before; to alter the size follow these steps:

1. Left click on the object,
2. Move you cursor to the bottom right-hand corner, when your in the right place the cursor becomes a diagonal arrow,
3. Left click and hold,
4. Pull the cursor down and to the right.

Because it's a copy the pixlation can/will become blurry but like I it's not a perfect solution. If, when you drag, you end up with a white box with a black border you've gone outside your borders; all you need to do is press and hold down the 'Ctrl' button and whilst still holding press 'z'. Each press of 'z' will/should undo one move.

Not a perfect solution and quite labourious to boot, but I hope it helps.

ferrol

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2006
in my head
Thanks, but I can do that myself anyway via either "The Gimp" or other image package, I really wanted the images to be changed on the site, I shouldn't have to do workarounds. Am sure other people has issues with tiny pictures as well.

But I know Tony is busy with other things more important ATM, so I can wait. Just another one for his list is all. :D

Thanks again for your quick response

ferrol

T

Timon

Just wanted to let you know that I have reinserted the images in the Spoonylicious article. I am working my way through the articles and reviews that lost their images in the change over. Regarding the Paracord Bracelet images, I have looked at imcreasing the size but the images are to small so it will cause alot of pixelation on them and they will be harder to see. Hope you enjoy the site, please bare with us while we resolve some minor issues. Regards, Timon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE