Picture Time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myakka

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2004
Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Let see your favorite Bushcraft knife. Here Is my new favorite

smallsbtnf2.jpg

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
This one, which custom cutler (and BCUK member) Chris Claycombe made as an expedition knife for a southern Africa jaunt, is likely to be my favourite for some time.

I asked for Natural (undyed) Micarta, as it gives that nontactical, nonthreatening appearance of a wood handle. Whilst being impervious to the humidity, temperature and abuse which are common on expeditions and with which wood does not always cope well.

Chris also put 'glow in the dark' inlays into the handle so I could locate it in the dark!

I'm not genrally a knife person, but for those that like to know, its full convex ground, with a taper tang and made of O1 tool steel.

P1010051-2.jpg

It’s not a pretty knife, but then I did ask Chris to make a super functional knife that looked like the tool it was intended to be and which people would be uninclined to steal. It is however so comfortable to use that I sometimes have trouble getting it back!

P1010199.jpg

its taken a hell of a beating on the dark continent, and is none the worse for wear, Chris supplied it with an excellent brown kydex sheath too.

P1010100-1.jpg

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Hmmm favorite?? Well I hardly ever go out in woods/fields without my little opinel number 7Love the Leuku Wayland, did you get the 9 inch?

P1010063.jpg

This comes in handy for clearing scrub that impairs vision from the high seats but a 9 inch Leuku may be preferable

P1010065.jpg

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Got to say Red I love knives and have had a bit 'of a problem' for some time but Jeez I love that sheath mate I might even get my hand in my pockets and pay for something that nice!!!!!!
I love craftmanship in whatever guise wood, leather etc makes me want to have a go myself:rolleyes:
As said nice D:cool:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
This week it's this.
2007_0713Image0008.jpg

I'm hoping to quench and temper another blade tomorrow (if it stops raining), so this will be relegated to camp duties, which is what I intended it for anyway.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Cheers Red, this one is an early continental style (apparently) With the point above the centreline. It has a thin blade with slight convex. Excellent for camp work and food prep. I didn't want it to look too fancy so I stayed away from exotic burls and went for a bit of hawthorne for the handle.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I must say Red I love that knife of yours, its a real gem. Very personal to you, your very lucky.
Heres my favorite.

100_4658.jpg

wozza

Jul 19, 2007
first one is my fave bushcraft knife.
second one is just a good alround knife.

4ozr85v.jpg

4mvnhu0.jpg

cheers james

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Now, I'm spoiled. These are my three favourites. The outside two are both Stu Mitchell blades (from back when he did them) and both are 12c27 sandvik. The left is hollow ground and it frightens me how sharp it is, the right is my bushy, in Yew.

I was going to do a review, but I thought it would irritate as Stu doesn't do blades any more. But it is incredible - the best edge retention I have come across, with no patina at all. It's absolutely stunning and goes to show wht his reputation is so well earned. This is without doubt my favourite, but the little stacked leather ones comes out the most, just because it's so light.

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I've got a few.

A nessmuk made by Carl W. Price. (1085 steel, box elder burl)

124_2458.jpg

Bark River Knife and Tool Snowy River (12C27, Turquoise canvas micarta)

Snowy&

BRKT Huntsman (A2 steel, Sheep horn handle,mosaic pins)

127_2787.jpg

Homemade bushcraft knife, blade by Toni Oostendorp (cubereaction on BB) O1 steel, Bubinga scales

128_2878.jpg

128_2876.jpg

Helle Harding (laminated steel, birch, leather, palisander)

128_2885.jpg

These are my favourites. Hope you like them!

Michiel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE