Pi££ Poor Preperation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I'm in a MRT in South Wales.

I and my teammates all agree that MR should not be government run and compulsory insurance would be a bad thing. We get our fair share of underprepared, inexperienced, ignorant or just foolish walkers. Then we also have the suicides, dementia patients, lost children and so on (around 50% of callouts in our area). Regardless of the situation or cause, we will be professional and do the best we can. Afterwards in our debrief we may express strong views on the parentage and mental capacity of the individual but this is in private. Insurance is always raised and swiftly argued against. We do not want it and the baggage and government oversight it would bring.

I am a civil servant and know that trying to "professionalise" MR and bring it under government oversight would be a disaster. It would become overregulated, given performance indicators, targets and all the BS which comes with accountability to governing bodies who don't understand MR.

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
Thank you to you and your teammates, Nigel. What you do is fantastic

I and my teammates all agree that MR should not be government run and compulsory insurance would be a bad thing. We get our fair share of underprepared, inexperienced, ignorant or just foolish walkers. Then we also have the suicides, dementia patients, lost children and so on (around 50% of callouts in our area). Regardless of the situation or cause, we will be professional and do the best we can. Afterwards in our debrief we may express strong views on the parentage and mental capacity of the individual but this is in private. Insurance is always raised and swiftly argued against. We do not want it and the baggage and government oversight it would bring.

I am a civil servant and know that trying to "professionalise" MR and bring it under government oversight would be a disaster. It would become overregulated, given performance indicators, targets and all the BS which comes with accountability to governing bodies who don't understand MR.

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

Are you given personal indemnity insurance as part of the MRT?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE