Perkele's Bushcraft Blog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have been following Perkele's Blog for a while. Writting from Finland, he always have very good ideas and reflections on Bushcraft, kits etc.

Here is a excerpt of an recent entry to his blog:

More thoughts, about bushcraft and general stuff.

I think that generally, among the average joe,the common working class, there wasnt so much to choose from. This is true here, if not in other countries too, i dont know. We, as bushcrafters, are playing to be old school "woodsmen" and we like to have gear thats similar to the ones that our idols used. I do believe strongly that using that old pair of leaking leather boots and canvas clothing etc, really gives us closer and better experience, compared to using all that tech and modern gear. BUT, it always makes me wonder that why has "bc" evolved to a hobby and lifestyle,that says that its not ruined by commercial hype, but actually it really is affected by commercial stuff,more than is necessary. We like to say that we study and read, practice and admire the skills,attitude,values of the old timers, who werent so picky about sharpness of the axe, or trademark of the anorak, but at the same frigging time, we drool over the gear that our personal idols use in their books,youtube channels and tv-shows & video series. Aint that bit weird...?

If you're interested, you can find the rest of the article on his blog, by following the link above.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE