Peregrine painting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I'm nearly done with my Peregrine in pastel which I had been mentioning to people:
peregrinesmall.jpg

I need peoples advice on its wing shape, though I've since completed the other wing, its in that shape. I did not have any reference photos of Peregrines, only prarie falcons, of which I stuck the head and wings together of a couple of different birds and overlayed it with peregrine markings instead. Its sort of a mishmash way of doing bird art, but its illegal to directly nick other peoples photos so I have to do it this way!
Anyway, Can anyone tell if the barring is right on the wings? Should the tips be pointier?

Im going to change some of the lighting on its back as well, though its not quite as dark as this in life.

I'm doing it on top of a dead pigeon, though I think Im ok with that one.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I don't think it's illegal to paint and directly copy another person's photo. If selling it, maybe it might be naughty but I doubt it.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I don't think it's illegal to paint and directly copy another person's photo. If selling it, maybe it might be naughty but I doubt it.

Im fairly sure it is, it breeches copyright. I think it has to be 60% different at least.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE