People to Interview

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
jamesdevine said:
Hi Guys,

I hope this doesn't put anyone nose out of joint, but there are lot of men mentioned in the list above.

Regards,
James

No noses to put out of joint, it's a very fair point :biggthump

Lets have some suggestions then.....This is going to be the year of Interviews :eek:):

B

bushwackerscott

How about John 'lofty' Wiseman the ex-sas senior survival instructor.

His survival book has been my handiest means of information for the last few years. I believe you can contact him through his agent at Proactive Limited, however im not entirely sure he will talk to us mere civvies!

M

max

How about some of the not so famous instructors, leaders and company founders, ie: the "ones who walk the walk and not talk the talk" who teach survival and bushcraft courses, in particular the ones who do it full time and not just as a weekend extra - there are not that many who fall into this bracket :cool: Some have already been mentioned on this forum.

Maxmountains

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I like the Mrs Mears idea, this may sound stupid, but is Mrs Mears Rachel?
I see in his aknowledgements "and most of all to rachel, without Rachels strength and support this book would never have been made" or something like that.

? :?:

Brynglas

sargey said:
at the risk of being a bit contraversial, it might be worth interviewing mike jarmain of cambrian survival. after the reports from his talks at the outdoor show, perhaps it might be worth getting him to clarify a few points. i did a course with them last year. it was excellent.

cheers, and.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your course with Cambrian Survival, some people that I've spoken to with some experience of being outdoors have been less than impressed. I have to say that I haven't been on a course with Cambrian, so I hope that I'm not being unfair here, but his talks at the Outdoors Show gave me the feeling that the syllabus is nothing much more than what could be self taught by reading a couple of Lofty Wiseman and Ray Mears' books and getting the videos in for a night.

:-? :-? :sword:

Taq

Jan 18, 2004
Swansea
Brynglas

Got to disagree with you here.

Were you at the same talk as I was ? I thought it was not only really intereting but reinforced how important the little things are.
As for the courses, my only course to date has been with Cambrian and I must agree with Sargey ... it was excellent. Basically it 'did what it said on the tin'. I know that everyone has a different opinion but if somebody wasn't impressed with the course, what were they there to learn ? I went to learn survival skills and that's what I came away with. I hope to go travelling in about a year's time and I think the course will be of benefit to me.

Did anybody else hear the talk ? What did you make of it ?

Taq

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE