Penny stove test

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Weather was rotten today so I thought it would be a good chance to make and test a couple of penny stoves with the kids. I positioned the jets in different places to see what worked best, I wasnt expecting much but thought it might be a handy addition to the day sack.

They utterly surpassed what I expected, made a brew and cooked up 2 tins of bacon grill. the cook time was in excess of 20 mins and they will defo be taken with me on my trips out. Even if only for ease of making breakie withought having to get the fire going and then extinguished if moving on. Windshield and pot stand will be required but logs sufficed today.
[video=youtube;vwPXLiyWQHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwPXLiyWQHI[/video]

badoosh

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2015
manchester
Great video,kids love it and you love it,bet the bacon grill tastes even better cooked outside,the 2nd lot looked good.
Made a few penny stoves,great laugh.
I've used them in my storm kettle great for indoor hot water and to heat the shed up in the winter.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Cheers, made a bloody rod for my own back now tho. Every chuffin dog walk has to involve a hot meal. Thank the invisible sky wizard for cheap noodles and canned fish.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE