penny stove storage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutupthepunx

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
outer cosmos
I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for storing their penny stove (if they carry one). Its a great piece of lightweight kit but i currently keep mine in a round tuppawear container which is probly 3 times deeper than it needs to be. so my case of my stove is probably 2 or 3x the weight of my super lightweight beercan penny stove. it kinds defeats the purpose and i was wondering if other people use anything else which works well. ta

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Not used one lateley but I used to carry my penny stove in the space between the crusader cup and cooking unit in a little cloth bag to stop rattles. Mine are generally the smaller red bull size ones. I also use a supermarket tupperware screw-top beaker that also contains a DIY ally windshield a bottle of meths. Lately i have been using a caldera cone which is pretty much the same but costs a lot more money

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
i just want something that will protect it from getting crushed in my pack

Make something out of a pringles tube?
the top and bottom connected together, bit of tape etc. maybe you could turn it upside down and use it as a priming tray?

another thought is the camera cases they sell in poundland

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Just got a candle in a tin from Waitrose for exactly this purpose. Wife will burn the candle and when done one perfect tin for stove! Also being metal will act as an efficient snuffer.

Turned out though that in the workshop was one awaiting me to clean out old wax from, anyway it fits very well. Could be a slightly smaller diameter but not bad.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
I place the burner, windscreen, cleaning stuff, lighter, floor pad, inside my cook pot. The alcohol I always put in a plastic bottle in an outside pocket of my pack if possible. No need IMO to add a plastic container.After all, we are trying to be lightweight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE