Pen Telescopic Fishing Rod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Had one a while now loads of fun, just remember its not a full size rod but it still does the job. I have had an 8 lb carp on mine that was lets say entertaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Had one a while now loads of fun, just remember its not a full size rod but it still does the job. I have had an 8 lb carp on mine that was lets say entertaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An 8lb carp ? That's quite a testament, I might have to give one a go me thinks

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Looks like fun for an occasional moment of fishing on a trip :)

Does the spinning version work well bothyman? And where did you buy it?

The reviewer's version wasn't usable for spinning, he wrote.
And the website selling them notes the following:
Please note: To cast the Pocket Fishing Rod line you need to pull some slack from the reel. The reel will not automatically cast just by flicking the rod.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Looks like fun for an occasional moment of fishing on a trip :)

Does the spinning version work well bothyman? And where did you buy it?

The reviewer's version wasn't usable for spinning, he wrote.
And the website selling them notes the following:

Mine works the same as a full size reel, the line is thinner so it can tangle but no worse than my full size reel..

I got mine off ebay

MickT

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i have one too, i have a mini mulitplier (useless) and the mini fixed spool (best option) havent actually got to use it yet as my kid keeps playing with it and i am now missing part of the reel seat lol

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i have one and had the multiplier reel... well it must have been made of tissue paper and super glue because it WOULD NOT WORK and then got ripped apart by a 1.5lb ish roach, when i tried to reel it in it just shattered.
i just use my hand as the reel now, much faster and easier to reel in. i cant find a separate spinner reel for sale though or i would have it in an instant.

Outdoor_Guy

Jul 17, 2010
UK
www.paracordbracelet.co.uk
They are ok but a telescopic rod does not have the same action so it makes casting greater distances a problema and also playing bigger fish. Also generally being short its hard for things like Rock Fishing or steering fish away from obstacles... Obviously its small so can be carrier easily.. I think I would rather use a handline...>

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
these telescopic are great to use for fishing from an open canoe for both fresh and salt water I use them ofton for angling trips in my canoe & they can handle some far sized fish if treated right even in to the high double figure .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE