Peanut lighter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JosephMac'Q

May 22, 2014
south wales
Has anyone got any recomendations on soemthing like a peanut lighter. Like an EDC kind of thing to go on your keyring? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
There have been widely varying experiences, but I've had excellent service from this one:

http://www.amazon.com/True-Utility-FireStash-Keyring-Lighter/dp/B0045OW0N2

Mine is I think two and a half years old and I've filled it once, on Christmas day, the day I was given it.

Haven't touched it for months. I've just taken it out of my pack and it lit first flick.

No lighter that I have ever had - and I'm a semi-professional pyromaniac so I have a lot of lighters - has ever come close to this one for reliability and the longevity of a fuel fill.
Having said that it's my go-to emergency lighter so it doesn't get a lot of use, I usually use one of several cheap Chinese blue-flame things that I keep kicking around.

The link above was just the first one I found, there might be much cheaper sources of the same lighter but I'd buy it at that price if I had to buy another one.

Oh - if I haven't said so before, welcome to BCUK! :) :campfire: :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
This thread might help:

http://edcforums.com/threads/peanut-lighter-thoughts.118659/

I've been using CountyComm peanut and split-peas from EndTimesReport for years. The brass one on my keyring just lit on the first strike, at least 6 months after filling. I'd recommend a split-pea if you can get one, I did a sales thread for them over at BB a while ago, there might be someone who has one they don't use.

If you get really stuck, I'm fairly sure I have a CountyComm full size peanut somewhere. Though where, I'm not too sure, I haven't seen it in ages.

JosephMac'Q

May 22, 2014
south wales
Thanks alot guys! Really nice to be part of a forum that doesnt try and be condescending constantly! Really appreciate your help!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Avoid the cheapo DealExtreme types. I ordered a couple once and they had a plastic grub that attached to the split ring, absolutely useless lasted 5 minutes before they fell off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE