Peak district, snowy few days working-pics

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I have a landy at work and to make an exiting change to the day job, Im helping out social services to get the home helps out to there visits around the peak.

Had some cracking nights and days out, and ended pulling lorries out, driving posh cars out of drives and jump starting folks. Makes a change from clearing trees when on call, and met some cracking people along the way.

When theres a minute ive managed to grab a few shots. There point and shoots Im afraid.

Cressbrook Dale (maybe)

100_2408.jpg

Taddington Dale

100_2402.jpg

100_2400.jpg

Good old Mam Tor

100_2463.jpg

and Losehill

100_2458.jpg

Off again tomorrow at Sparrows trump! :drive:

Addo :)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers, Need some fresh snow at home so I can make a propper dads size snowman for my little un. Every time I get home to make one, it ends up looking like the top of Losehill cause its not sticking. Might pile it up each night like a quinze, and shape it with a knife. I wont be beaten!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Looks like you had a great day out, some lovely pics too.
I made a snowman for Li'l Cumbrian by packing powder snow into the washing up bowl and stomping on it. Using this method I got it over 6' tall.

Cheers, Michael.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Glad you liked them Rod. I'd like to climb it again soon up along the RHS of the fallen section. Last time I did that I thought I was at the top then had to climb over the earthwork at the top. I wouldn't have made much of an invader as I was cream crackered!

I like the walk up the Tor, along the ridge , up and down Loosehill, Winhill and down to Bamford. Pub and Train home. Then Pub again :)

Omegarod

Forager
Dec 3, 2009
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
I used to go up there often with my dad when I was a kid (back in the 1950s!). One of my favourite life moments was on the top of Win Hill in deep snow. The wind had blown up the south side and formed a fantastic snow cliff on the north side with a huge deep drift below it. We spent an hour jumping off the top into the drift. :lmao:

Rod

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I am just back in from playing up top of Mam Tor with the kids. On the North side there is a mini version of the big landslip face and when the weather is like this you can climb right up the face, in our own little way it felt like going up the North Face of the Eiger, then you jump off, 20 minutes up 30 seconds down, quite an adrenaline rush.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Robin Wood will probably recognise this place. :)
Its at the bottom of Golden Clough where it meets Grindsbrook.
One 10 year old Rod in 1955!:eek:

I do believe there is a nice bridge there now.:) Back in the day there was no brindge and the first park wardens were happy for there to be no bridge, they called it "the granny stopper" basically if you were not up to hopping across goldenclough you were probably best off not going much further.

Now just for you Rod here is a pic I took earlier today with Win Hill in the background left.

IMG_1732.jpg

and a few more from around Mam Tor My workshop is at the top end of the valley in the background, not been able to get up there for 3 weeks, if it goes on much longer I'll have no excuses left but to finish my tax return.

IMG_1721.jpg

I finally bought winter tyres today and I shall never drive in winter without them again. Grip is incredible. I can drive up roads like this with no wheelspin at all and if something is coming the other way I can stop, pull out of the way and get started again, better than a 4wd on normal tyres.

IMG_1707.jpg

And last one for Addo, the North side of Mam Tor, this is where we go for an adrenaline rush. Went up again after school with the kids today. Just as it was getting dark, climbing up the face in the background to the little cornice along the left hand edge then jump off, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

IMG_1718.jpg

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great pics chaps, cheers.

Im stuck back down south today, but going to have to get back out soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE