Passaround : Lofty Wiseman Trueways Tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As Stew has started the CC thread, I think it's perfect timing to list the Trueways one too. :D

Tom (Leonidas) is arranging for a Trueways version of the Lofty Survival Tool to be sent to me to, so that we can have a good test on it while the ChrisCaine does the rounds too. It would be great if we could get the Staniforths version too.

loftypost7.jpg

In order to take part in this passaround you agree to the following ground rules :

All participants must be 18 years old or above and have a minimum of 100 posts and a years membership of BCUK.

You agree to use these knives in a manner that is both safe to you and the people around you. You are solely responsible for your own safety, so like any other sharp tool assure yourself that it is in sound working condition before you use it.

This passaround is aimed at letting people gain a feel of how these knives perform, they can be used hard, but are NOT to be “destruction” tested. If you do use the knife hard, please ensure the edge leaves in as good a condition or better than it arrived.

Each person is responsible for the knife until it reaches the next person on the passaround list. It must be sent Special Delivery with proof of posting and a tracking number.

Each person gets the knife for a full week starting from the time they received it. If there is a problem please notify me soonest.
It would be very helpful for me if each person could just post in the relevant thread when they first receive the knife, and then again when they post it on (thanks).

Please remember this is a £175.00 knife. Please ensure it's cleaned after use and lightly oiled and again before passing it on.

I require a postal address and a phone number of participants.

For now, it will be for 10 participants. Depending on how it goes and level of interest, it may get extended.

Please add your interest in participating.

1. JonathanD
2. British Red
3. Robevs73
4. FGYT
5. STEW

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Put me down too. I've got to knock some trees over (part of my woodland work, not a strange fetish on my part ;) ) soon so I can give this thing a proper go as a tool :pirate:

1. JonathanD
2. British Red
3. Robevs73
4. FGYT
5. STEW
6. SimonM
7. lab72
8. ged
9.Shambling
10. Dave Budd

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I needed to pull out as I'm now in the middle of moving house
I dont want to be between address and lose it!! So if you could drop me from the list thanks,
Will watch the rest of the pass round with interest... if it starts :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've Pm'd Tom about it, but had no reply. He hasn't been active on here since the 4th, so could be on holiday or just snowed under with work. As soon as I hear anything I'll update you.

M

markal

hi iv got one from the internet it seams well made and very sharp as my fingers found out i would love to hear from you all what you think ok the jack pyke full tang knife
thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE