Pass-Around: iTP A3 EOS Keychain Flashlight from GearUpEurope.com

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just wondering if everything is ok with the iTP A3 keychain torch? I'm not sure where it is at the moment.

I had a customer strongly compliment the light itself, but complain about the keyring. He said that the keyring was too loose and could easily depart from the base. I understand the complaint. Personally I never trust standard keyrings, whether it's the iTP A3 ring or any other ring. I either double up on the standard ring or use a heavier carabiner clasp. Has anybody noticed that after some wear-and-tear the iTP key ring becomes too loose?

It's still with me at the moment :eek:. Although in my defence I did take it up to Scotland to pass on to Gailainne who then swore blind he wasn't down on the list. :rolleyes:
So I've brought it back home again and will happily send it to Mesquite depending on what G wants to do.

I didn't notice anything particularly loose with the keyring, maybe over time it could come loose but it's simple enough to replace. When I order one I'll be removing the keyring altogether anyway.

G

GearUpEurope.com

Hi Shewie. Thank you for the update.

By the way, a nice selection of camping lanterns and other useful supplies are coming soon. Probably put them up on the site after Christmas.

Thanks!

G

GearUpEurope.com

The manufacturer "claims":

* High 80 lumens: 55 minutes
* Medium 18 lumens: 4 hours
* Low 1.5 lumens: 50 hours

These claims are somewhere between "exaggeration" and "a bit off", depending on how you view torch manufacturers from overseas.

My own experience is that with a brand new regular alkaline AAA battery you can get 40 minutes on high mode and just over 3 hours on medium mode. I didn't try leaving the torch running all night long to test the low mode.

Even though iTP exaggerates the run times, this is still one fantastic little light, and clearly our best seller.

Mike

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Wow it's the new year and I managed to hae a little play but be honest with travelling over Christmas I was preoccupied. I do like it and think it is worth having attached to a keychain or even the zip of your pack. Easier to changed battery than to fiddle with some button cells in the middle of the night/woods. Tough? not sure couldn't get an elephant to test it sorry. All round I LIKE IT

I know what I want for my Birthday now.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I have just recieved the torch, not tried it yet. Will give it a work out this week and get my thoughts on here

Tom your next fella :)

G

GearUpEurope.com

Was there talk of a gb on these?

Looks like a tempting bit of kit?

Drew

No one has contacted me about a group buy, but I'd be happy to discuss group buy discounts with a group buy leader.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Picked up the torch today and already arranging to send it on to Leonidas. It took me all of 3 minutes to decide I want one so no sense in keeping hold of it any longer!!

Well done to Mike for arranging the passaround. I usually don't bother with the very small torches as they're usually not bright enough to be of any use but the passaround has let me have a go without shelling out any money.

Well built, looks like it could take a beating.
I like both the clip and the key ring feature. Just for personal preference I'd cut off the chain and replace it with cord but still keep the quick release.
Once I'd read the instructions and found how to turn up the brightness I was very impressed with the amount of light from such a small, single battery torch. Even in daylight the beam was visible across a large room.
I didn't have to test it at night as I'd already decided to get one!!

Very nice torch for a decent price.

I'd also be interested in a group buy.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread as I'm not actually part of the pass-round; however, I bought one of these on the basis of the early comments and just wanted to echo the positive vibe I've seen so far.

I wanted a small light to stay on the key-clip in the lid of my daysack. I have had those little plastic squeezey-type, keyring LED lights before and they've either broken or died after being squeezed 'on' continually by other bits in my bag.

I can now say that the iTP A3 is ideal for what I wanted - I reckon they should nick-name it 'Mighty Mouse' as I've never seen so much light output from such a small torch. The robust construction and 3-setting flexibility of light output on the upgraded model make this almost a 'must' for any survival kit or just something to pop in your work bag, car glovebox or briefcase. As someone said at the bottom of the last page, you make your mind up very quickly once you actually have it in your hand.

I also like the reversible clip as it means you can easily attach the light to your watch strap or a baseball-cap peak on a temporary basis. So, it gives you a nice hands-free option.

I may change the key-ring attachment to cord rather than chain but, as it sits in by daysack lid pocket, I'm not overly concerned that it will go walkies.

Very impressed! The perfect EDC/back-up.

Last edited:
G

GearUpEurope.com

Would someone kindly update me on the location of the torch. Did it survive the arctic and move on or is it frozen under the tundra somewhere?
Thanks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE