Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Jif (or is that Cif now) lemon juice and sugar for the first six, then golden syrup and finish off with chocolate spread.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Jif (or is that Cif now) lemon juice and sugar for the first six, then golden syrup and finish off with chocolate spread.

:lmao: Cif on pancakes? Now that's well-hard ;)

product-6609734.jpg

Hot pancakes, bacon and maple syrup - ah I can feel my arteries hardening as I type.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I like mine with about half buckwheat flour. A stack of 3 with two eggs over easy slipped inside, covered with grade A light amber Michigan maple syrup. Breakfast sausages and OJ on the side.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Reet, get your bottums to selfridges and pick up a jar of some american stuff called FLUFF
basically its the stuff you get in the middle of teacakes or walnut whips (for us brits)
its stickyer and more addictive however possibly because it has crack in it? who knows but i'm addicted. 100% addicted.
and tomorrow its going on mah pancakes!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Reet, get your bottums to selfridges and pick up a jar of some american stuff called FLUFF
basically its the stuff you get in the middle of teacakes or walnut whips (for us brits)
its stickyer and more addictive however possibly because it has crack in it? who knows but i'm addicted. 100% addicted.
and tomorrow its going on mah pancakes!

We`ve only got Miss Selfridge round here and I don`t think they sell fluff ??

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I like mine made from bannock mixed with duck eggs, fried on a Taonka stove sitting outside my bivvy and topped with blackberry and apples.

However if, like last time, I need a spatula for serving, I need G4GHB to help with the essentials :)

Or, I must confess with maple syrup sent to me by a kind friend in Vermont and made from his own sugar maples - like liquid sunshine :D

Always outdoors though

Red

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Lots and lots! Savoury first - with a bologneise sauce to make either lasagne or caneloni. Makes a lighter alternative to the pasta versions - lovely for a change.

Then the usual maple syrup, golden syrup, sugar &lemon.

Worth trying a savoury option if you haven't done before.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
once I have scraped it of the ceiling!!

icing sugar, morello cherries in syrup, flaked almonds and vanilla ice cream.

right wheres me treadmill!!!

woooo hoooo 1 sleep to go!!

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
I'll be busy paddling tomorrow night so I made pancakes yesterday morning with sweet cured streaky bacon, maple syrup and home fries:D

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
We`ve only got Miss Selfridge round here and I don`t think they sell fluff ??

i have been reliably informed that tesco's may also sell this although i'm yet to see it with my own eyes.
its simply called fluff and comes in high as a kite white and evil pink flavours. i think the pink is rasberry or strawberry? no idea.
plain is fine tho.

must admit tho, bacon, rileys (manchestoh) sausages and cheese do call for the odd savoury pancake too....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I meant to ask some of our Canadian friends for a recipe for their buttercream pancakes last night, nevermind there`s always next year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE