Oysters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
We were given some oysters today by a friend of my other half and to be honest i'm not too sure what to do with them, will they still be ok to eat as they were caught yesterday morning?(they have been in the fridge) and do i just stick a knife in, twist, check for pearls!! and slurp?

cheers

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Yep go for it.

Or you could open them and fry in garlic and butter for a cooked treat.

This is providing there is no known reason for not eating shellfish from where these were obtained.

GS

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
ERM.... an aquired taste maybe???
the little blighter was surpriseingly tuff to open, a slurp and it was gone in a second!
little bit salty but not as bad as i thought it might be, i've eaten worse!!

no pearl either

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Sorry never thought to mention they are much better with some condiments.

Lemon juice and pepper

Tabasco works really well with live oysters

Chop some shallots or onion with some garlic and balsamic vinegar,Leave to stand for couple of hours drizzle over oysters and slurp.

GS

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
Bloody oysters! i've been on the toilet since! nah... only joking, i tried one with lemon juice and pepper and another with balsamic vinegar, they were better than on its own.
i have 4 left now, they are for her to try... aint they an aphrodisiac too!!
will they last till tomorow night if kept in fridge?
how long will they last?

i am going to start a new thread where people can list all the unusual things that they have eaten me thinks, oysters is another for my list

thanks for tips on how to eat em.

mike

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Oysters will last 4 or 5 days in the fridge covered with a damp teatowel.

Re wet it and wring out daily (teatowel not the oysters)

They are not easy to open,but it gets easier with technique.

Under no circumstances leave them in a bucket of water or they will die and that IS bad news if you try and eat it.

GS

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I would be worried about what your wife was telling her friend in order that she(?) gives oysters to you. Turn off the PC, forget the oysters and get cooking.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE