Ox horn neckies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
off thread a little...but still bone related.
Custom SAK reshellin' fer John in antler with added antler toothpick(Cos I lost the orig'..lol)....Can't do any more o' these as I've run out o' flat antler..lol
Just thought ye'd wanna see.:D
DSC05517.jpg

DSC05519.jpg

DSC05525.jpg

DSC05526.jpg

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Do you get the horn in sheet form? It'd be nice to have a set of horn cards for tablet weaving! Love the tags you've made, they are really good!

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That is outstanding!!! :):lmao:

It's not just your common or garden SAK anymore, that has added a definite touch of class.

Well done.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
No Phil..it comes in normally it's raw form...as a horn...it can be flatend but no need for what I've been doing.
Cheers M....tis the third one I've done....ain't that hard.
you should have a go m8

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Cheers M....tis the third one I've done....ain't that hard. You should have a go m8

A finger, a thumb, an arm, a leg, a nod of the head... it's easy!!

Easy?? I've just listed what I'd lose were I to try that.

I'm okay with power tools - as long as it's elbow power. I had a go on a foot pedal Singer sewing machine years ago, my mother was a Seamstress, if she hadn't unpicked the stitches only a mitten would fit my left hand.

There are folks with ingrowing toenails that could do with your services. Maybe it's time you dipped your toe in the water and got an office in Harley Street...

About 30 years ago, an old pal of my Grandfathers (God Bless him) used to do Scrimshaw and he made it look so easy.

I tried making a wee model of the Kon-Tiki raft from balsa wood. I'm sure the Guiness book of records would credit me with the biggest collection of purpose built splinters.

My Gran (God Bless her too) was heartfelt in her thanks for the toothpicks that yon "raft" provided. Toothpicks were for the posh in them days.

To her dying day I never told her I was trying to make a wee raft.

No Cap'n, Credit where it's due mate. :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
off thread a little...but still bone related.
Custom SAK reshellin' fer John in antler with added antler toothpick(Cos I lost the orig'..lol)....Can't do any more o' these as I've run out o' flat antler..lol
Just thought ye'd wanna see.:D
DSC05517.jpg

DSC05519.jpg

DSC05525.jpg

DSC05526.jpg

I cannot wait to pick it up!:red::red::red::red::red:

auscam

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
lol...seems so...used t' cut non-british coins when I was younger but lost the blades t' the saw after I moved.....found them again Just b4 nov last year an' posted a couple o' neckies I did for-a-laugh.....now got me a cottage buisness it seems...lmao

Greetings from sunny Australia:)
There was a bloke who did similar work with coins at the Riverside Market in Brisbane in the 1980's...wasn't you, was it Cap'n?

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
lol....No matey....But it may have been a relation:eek:......there be alot o' pirates that be washed up on your shores o' the past centuary.....:lmao::D
Welcomes t' the forum btw....1st post eh?......an' ye posted it here......

Feb 2, 2010
North London
Greetings Cap'n
I have long been admiring these neckies from afar, and my desire for one has become so great that I've made the short trip across from BB to see if you would kindly make me one.

I'd like one featuring my favourite quarry, the brown trout. If possible, I'd like to leave the actual design to you. If it's inconvenient that way, let me know and I'll try to find a design.

If this is all OK with you, please contact me with payment details either here or at British Blades (where I go by the same moniker)

Many thanks and good wishes.

Feb 2, 2010
North London
If that pendant wasn't mine, I'd be very jealous of the owner. But it's mine! I'll treasure it and enjoy it.

PP gratefully sent, thanks and best wishes to you Cap'n.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE