Oversilton to Osmotherly & Back

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok, my phone wont start a thread so will upload pics and bit very shortly.....:)
8agamynu.jpg
epunutu3.jpg
u6u2upy9.jpg
a2erasur.jpg
vapu7u2a.jpg
tu4e9u4a.jpg
a6apyhum.jpg
a8uzudet.jpg
zydehy3u.jpg
be7e8ede.jpg
ydejagu7.jpg
qada8abu.jpg
apury6u3.jpg
typy8eta.jpg
u6a7ybes.jpg
ate2e7ur.jpg
eqytubej.jpg
2eve8u4y.jpg
7y4ejumu.jpg
eputyqy4.jpg
muge4yzy.jpg
9ute5avy.jpg
8ysubume.jpg

nate7e2a.jpg
ta6e7e6y.jpg
geba6a4y.jpg
japy4ude.jpg
9azy4adu.jpg
8etupyte.jpg
e5ysy7en.jpg
vezequ6a.jpg
hejanedy.jpg
teqa8umu.jpg
e4a3a2a8.jpg
evypemag.jpg
upe4y6yj.jpg
e3yburyb.jpg
a4esabup.jpg
y9ame6yp.jpg
jepy2e7a.jpg
garytamy.jpg
e6uqa3ub.jpg
re5ehedy.jpg

hey all, the walk was very nice, not done this route in one go before but have done all of it separately before. started of in the woods about 10 am with it already being very warm, walked up the hill towards the Cleveland Way which would lead us all the way out, following a track across the top of the moors to get home. it was very hot most of the day and got up to around 30 c. i was very disappointed with the stone cycle blocks as the dog could not get through, i had to lift his back end over which he was not happy about, a very silly idea, the gap is just too small, there was another spot where i had to get him to jump the fence, good job it was not topped with barbed wire, it is just annoying to get so far then have to hunt for a way through when this is a public right of way, why dont they allow for big dogs, ah well it wont be the first time.

the woods at Osmotherly where i stopped for lunch, the trees had been attacked with what looked like a blunt spoon, so obviously a total moron as they cant even sharpen their tools, a shame to see it though as signs state no fires and no over night camping....:(:(:(:(:(

all in all a good walk though, the dog was massively over heating up on the moors though, just no shade, i had to keep tipping water over him to keep him cool....

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Looks like you had a nice day, looks a bit warm though.

That reservoir is really low

too right its very very low, but its disused now according to one of the locals, the walk was very hot, the dog got through 4 litres of water + what ever he had from streams, i smashed about 6 in total, my daysack was loaded with 8 litres for both of us and stove brew kit and jacket just in case it turned horrid...;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE