Overdue, but at last I've joined :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2011
Sheffield
Been meaning to join for years but theres always been some crappy excuse causing me to delay my venture into discovering the wonders of bushcraft. So, I've got lots of catching up to do starting with a course or two in the next few months. I've only just noticed that this site offers courses, which has thrown a spanner in the works as I was thinking of doing a 5 day course with Trueways. I'm going to have to do a little more research now before I decide on who I'm gonna go with???? Any pointers, experiences would be appreciated.
Anyway, hello to you all :D I'm looking forward to meeting like minded folk and of course....learning new skills to assist me in life's journey, wherever it may lead!
Oh, by the way... I must confess that I'm one of those kit junkies who have never actually put much of it to practise... now's the time!!! :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
eyup mate, welcome to the forum. have a glance at the midlands meet section, there's a welcome waiting at spitewinter if ever you fancy popping down, it's only just down the road from you and new faces around the fire are always good.

stuart

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi shadesofgreen - welcome to the forum

As for courses, I did a couple of the Bushcraft Expedition ones offered on the forum last year and they were superb, I had a great week with some really good staff and a good mix of like minded folks.

Woodsmoke's courses in the Lakes are also very good, I only did one of theirs back in 2002 but have been meaning to get on their course scheme for a while now.

If you fancy venturing north then check out Patrick's courses at Backwoods Survival, I've not attended myself yet but I've only ever heard good things from his students. Hoping to get one in this year if I can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE