Overboots or Wellies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Neither. Lundhags boots, the foot part is cellular rubber, the top is leather. Works summer, winter and in between.

Have a pair of wellies though, but only use it when it's has been raining for weeks, or if I'm on a boat/ship (which I am occasionally).

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
Describing weather conditions is not enough. You need to describe terrain (flat - hilly - mountains) and the usage (camping, hunting, walking 20 miles a day during two weeks).

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
What about them?

Interesting that the cheap Dunlop type wellies as used for hours on end, day after day by thousands of farmers and outdoor workers are ignored and the kit chat swings to the ridiculously priced end of the designer/named spectrum once again. My giddy aunt their are some posers in the woods lol.

Having used a pair of Dunlops myself, i can say the pair i had were rubbish...precisely why i opted to get a more epxensive and well built pair. So fair, my Aigles have been the best I have worn when working on the father-in-laws farm. That being said, thats not to say i didnt have a defective pair of Dunlops...im not knocking them on the whole....

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Just a wee note here, but http://www.cloggs.co.uk/icat/hunter_mens/ you can get £10 discount just now by using the code HTR10 on check out, clearly no connection to the shop, just got an e-mail from them and thought it was relevant, plus they have hunter balmoral neoprene £79

The thing i found with dunlops is yes they are robust and well made, but they dont offer the same ankle support as the brands!! which seem to be more fitted to the leg!! I have a pair of Dunnys for gardening, laying concrete etc and they are good but you wouldnt want to wear them every day. I have just spent every weekend for the last 6 months in my Le Chams and was glad they are so comfortable.

Muck style boots are good, my friends use them at the shoot, they only problem is they dont wear as well as wellies with the rubber outer to protect the neoprene, I have seen allot split and worn out long before my wellies, plus they are not that much cheaper than a decent natural rubber pair of wellies nowadays!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE