Oval SIGG bottle with mug

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Does anyone know where I can get a (reasonably priced) Oval SIGG bottle with the mug that fits round it.

SiggOval.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Go Outdoors sometimes have them in if you have one nearby, Amazon sell them too I think.

Sigg have a UK online shop but they're quite pricey

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Take care, there are both Aluminium and Stainless Steel SIGG oval bottles with mugs on the market. Greatly different durability and price. The stainless is well worth the extra.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ebay I think. Once you get one you may find it worth wrapping the mug with wicking and getting a lip guard. It does get hot!

Yeah, and stays hot for absolutely ages because of the small surface area of the liquid. I badly burnt my gentlemans area with one of those cups.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Why was it in the mug in the first place????????

Hmm, maybe I should have explained that a little better. We were on holiday in St Ives having a beach brew up, I was sitting cross legged with my back on a rock just wearing shorts. I just happened to balance the mug in my lap with one hand as I took a bite of sani. Bloody hurt I can tell you.

Inusuit

Dec 30, 2009
Wyoming, USA
I have one that I found at military surplus site, has a cork instead of a screw top. I bought a new one similar to your picture a year or so ago that did have a screw top. Left it full of water and the top corroded and broke off. Learned that Sigg has a poor customer service/product warranty policy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE