Oval firesteels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
What excellent service from Mr Methven!

I ordered one of the remaining oval firesteels yesterday lunchtime, and it was here this morning (in less than 24 hours).

Thank you kindly.

Geoff

PS: And thanks of course to Mike Ameling for making it.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Good, good. I knew you'd all be pleased with them. Mike does a great job on the hardening. Just be careful not to drop them on rocks or concrete or they could shatter.

Dingo, yours will be in the post tomorrow along with Ol' Smokey's.

Eric

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Eric,

package arrived today, instant sparks straight out the packet - didn't have time to start a fire but managed to burn a hole in my work trousers......oops

Cheers

JFW

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Eric,

If I have counted the posts properly I believe I am still in time for a firesteel. If you are able to make me up a kit that would be great but if not I would be happy with just the steel.

Thanks Paul

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I received mine a couple few days back. I haven't had a chance to light a fire with it yet but I had no trouble creating sparks. It looks like a very good bit of kit.

Thanks Eric!

Huon

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I have a number of Mike Ameling's oval firesteels left over from the Lanark festival. I can let you guys have one for £12 including Paypal and postage fees.

Or if you want the whole starter kit including the firesteel, a roll of charcloth, two lumps of flint, some flax tow (tinder) and a canvas pouch with leather tie to carry it all - £20 including Paypal and postage.

I'm selling these pretty much at cost so they'll go quickly.

PM if interested.

Paypal only on this please.

Eric

Edit: Just done a quick count and there are 12 available.

I purchased one of the kits and for the record it's great. Managed to make fire with it after about 15 mins of trying. Need to practice and improve my technique and time. One happy customer here.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I listed four of the firesteel kits on Ebay last week and managed to sell one of them. So that leaves three kits. P@UL wants one and I have PM'd him details and that leaves two kits up for grabs if anyone else wants one. £20 including Paypal fees and postage within the UK.

Eric

Aug 29, 2008
Norfolk
Hi Eric,

I have only just joined bushcraftuk and seen your post. Do you still have any of the complete kits for sale? If so how do I go about buying one from you as I am a but of an amteur when it comes to the cyber age!

Best wishes,
Mark

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Kit arrived this morning :) but its raining :(
Glad I managed to get the kit, nice little bag to keep it all together, Thanks Eric for all your work.

Paul

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Thanks, Eric, my oval arrived this morning and I'm well chuffed. :)

And Mike.... Your oval is a real cracker! I had a piece of really naff flint that I'd picked out of some chippings in plant pot at work and got a fantastic shower of sparks off the first strike.

:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE