Oval firesteels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
A steel for me please Eric. If you PM over your details I'll do Paypal tomorrow evening/night, off to bed now for an early start for Stoneleigh tomorrow.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Arrived through the letterbox while we were all out this morning, so of course I had to checked it work OK and also that I'd put the batteries in the right way up ;)

Grabbed a scrap of flint scavenged from Grooveski's crannog knapping session then after a couple of practice strikes, I was getting sparks, the next one produced this :D

2788873859_b12ab8677a_b.jpg

Thanks again Eric, you too Mike! :You_Rock_

Cheers

Alan

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Ugh! Stoneleigh was terrible, thrown together and nothing of interest.

But, I have just done the Paypal thing so you should get it through soon.

Thanks.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Arrived through the letterbox while we were all out this morning, so of course I had to checked it work OK and also that I'd put the batteries in the right way up ;)

Grabbed a scrap of flint scavenged from Grooveski's crannog knapping session then after a couple of practice strikes, I was getting sparks, the next one produced this :D

2788873859_b12ab8677a_b.jpg

Thanks again Eric, you too Mike! :You_Rock_

Cheers

Alan

Job done Alan! Glad you like it. The ovals are not the fanciest of firesteels, but from a purely practical POV, they are double sided so when one side wears out (that should take a few years), you can still use the other side. To be honest, I suspect most people will lose theirs before they wear them out.

Eric

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Ugh! Stoneleigh was terrible, thrown together and nothing of interest.

But, I have just done the Paypal thing so you should get it through soon.

Thanks.

Thanks, just checked and it's gone through fine. I'll be going to the post orifice on Tuesday so I'll post yours and others off then.

Eric

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Arrived this morning thanks Eric :You_Rock_

Not had chance to get the knuckles bleeding yet as I`ve had my wee niece and nephew round all afternoon and I`ve been entertaining/feeding/cleaning/disciplining them for most of it.

Looking forward to a stroll out with the hobo in about 5 hours, find a quiet spot and brew up some needle tea.

Rich

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Job done! I'll be posting everyone's packages tomorrow morning, so you should all get them by Wednesday or Thursday. (The ones I posted on Friday should be there tomorrow).
Let me know as and when they arrive please as I'm monitoring the postal service from my end.

Eric

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
My kit arrived today! I have several steels and this raises the best spark by miles and more consistently too (along with my dragons breath kit). I think it's going to be a favourite (it's also my prefered method of firelighting)! Both my traditional and modern possibles sets are complete! Many thanks Eric.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE