Outdoors Magazine Forun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
Does anybody know what is going on over there? Popped in for a look and got this message. Things are not looking good. :yikes:

Quote-
Sorry, due to internal dissentions, this board is closed until further notice. Probable reopening arround the 8th November. Expect some extremely deep changes in the staffing, and the rules.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Does anybody know what is going on over there?
It seems to be an internal thing so you wont get much info in a publicly available forum..... it happens to many sites :-( Hopefully it wont be long till its up and running again :biggthump

Ed

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I was viewing the forums just before they closed their doors so I have my suspicions about what's wrong. Safe to say I'm not going to talk about it here.

I think when things have cooled down a bit it will be back up as usual.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I think all these personas that haunt the various related forums should be dropped on some resource poor sand spit to work issues, politics and egos out once and for all with their ATAX, Swamprats, Goloks or whatever. I don't have time for this and simply delete the sites from my favourites list. I just hope BCUK avoids this sillyness :wink:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I didn't visit OMF as often as here but still found it useful. Shame if its gone for good. I stopped using martial art forums because they became the host of childish egoes. BCUK has been great and long may it continue. :biggthump

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It will not be gone for good, JM will have it back up and running in no time, a little bit of house clearing and all will be right as rain. He's got an evolving site that will go through changes just as we do. It really is not something to worry about, just get back over there and support him when it's back up and running :biggthump

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I second Tony's comment. I haven't been there recently except following specific posts so no idea what the issues are but Jean Marc seems a really good bloke and his site has provided many excellent reviews in recent years. Hope all gets fixed soon.

We'll See how things go after a couple of weeks to think things through. Jean-Marc is incredibly busy at work, and has a young family to attend to, too. His youngest just took a nasty fall, but fortunately came through it OK.
I'm too swamped with work and family issues to be a whole lot of use.

So it was a great plan to take a little break from forum issues.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I am missing OMF but feel sure it will be back as good as ever. Like life, it is good to be able to stand back and see how things are going from time to time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE