Out in the snow at 5am -beautiful!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
I got up pretty early (for me) this morning -5am dressed. Took the dog for a longish ramble in the virgin snow to a pretty spot where it's high enough to see the sunrise.

First pics before dawn:

P1040829.jpg

bluedawntreeP1040847.jpg

P1040822.jpg

And as the sun came up the light changed rapidly:

P1040887.jpg

P1040860.jpg

P1040922.jpg

P1040941.jpg

We were out for about 3hrs and didn't see a soul until within 100yds of the house.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I went out walking with my cocker spaniel & new rescue springer - it was pretty but they never stand still enough to take stunning photographs like yours!

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Nowt hat's what I call a thread !

Cracking pics mate, looks like a beautiful and spiritual trip out.

Thanks for sharing.

R3XXY

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
cracking photos,what camera do you use?

When I can be bothered with the weight/size, I use a Canon 7D. I took a little Panasonic Lumix GF1 and a Benbo trekker tripod on this walk as I wanted to keep it light. The Lumix was second hand and is a well built tool. Plus, with the "pancake" lens it will fit in a large pocket (chest pocket of a 5.11 shirt/inside chest pocket of Barbour/bellows pocket etc.) This keeps the battery (and optics) warm and keeps me free of bags and swinging camera!

The main problem is the sensor seems to shift toward magenta colour cast in these low light conditions. The light was pretty freaky and dramatic but in pics 4 and 5 it is exagerrated -not intentionally, though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE